Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle Biz on 739

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Seattle Biz on 739

On 475 today JFK-SEA.. I noticed it isn't a FlatBed product... Sucks... Is it transcon service in J or standard? Hopefully I can sleep fairly well..
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ryan754
On 475 today JFK-SEA.. I noticed it isn't a FlatBed product... Sucks... Is it transcon service in J or standard? Hopefully I can sleep fairly well..
SEA-JFK hasn't been premium route for a bit, thus domestic F. Even when it was most the time you didn't end up on a flatbed plane. SFO/LAX have people paying for it, SEA just never had the paid demand for Delta One level of service.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
If you want flat beds you can same day confirm to DL 419 (75W) JFK-SEA @ 3:45pm.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
nothing to add; sorry your expectations weren't up to date ... I'm on 455 this evening, and I'll survive just fine

there's one J seat for sale on 419 (345pm trip ... it's a 757 with the flat beds, but basic domestic F service) if your schedule permits the SDC ... mine doesn't

:-/
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Also worth noting for reference that lie flat comes at a price. Cheapest OW's to SEA on the 739's are in the $700 range in F, while the 757 is at $1,800. I would have to guess that the SEA TCON market simply doesn't support that pricing.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Often1
Also worth noting for reference that lie flat comes at a price. Cheapest OW's to SEA on the 739's are in the $700 range in F, while the 757 is at $1,800. I would have to guess that the SEA TCON market simply doesn't support that pricing.
At those prices, B6 might have a chance with MINT on that route...
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Often1
there's only one F seat left on the 757 today so the $1800 list price makes perfect sense to me

I have noticed it's more time-of-day-dependent; even when the route was 3x/day 16J 757s, the midafternoon departure was almost always the priciest, and it seems that the mid-day eastbound trip generally runs higher than the 7am (and way higher than the redeye on most days)
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Not the best luck today lol.... Came in from BOG earlier, standard 757.. SMF if my final.. Was connecting to LAX on a flat bed product, but missed it, so rerouted through Seattle as everything today to LAX is sold out
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:06 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
<deleted>
Old Aug 3, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
If you are on regular F, can you SDC to D1 (noted that both are non-stops, same dep./arr. airports)? Is it D1 with F service? That might be my guess why, if you can infact SDC to that flat-bed flight.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
If you are on regular F, can you SDC to D1 (noted that both are non-stops, same dep./arr. airports)? Is it D1 with F service? That might be my guess why, if you can infact SDC to that flat-bed flight.
Not really an issue - a route is either F or Delta One - no route has some F / some Delta One service. This route has one flight which has lay flat seats, but that doesn't mean it is Delta One service - it is still considered F like anything else.

Another way to look at it is Delta One is a defined by the soft product, not the hard product.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Uncomfortable.. Should have gone on the later flight.... Nonetheless friendly service.. I think I'm spoiled at the end of the day.. F is F lol
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is domestic F operated on a frame which has lie flat seats.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Funny how DL silently made JFK-SEA a non prem BE route after all the fanfare of making it such.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:40 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Originally Posted by flyerCO
SEA-JFK hasn't been premium route for a bit, thus domestic F. Even when it was most the time you didn't end up on a flatbed plane. SFO/LAX have people paying for it, SEA just never had the paid demand for Delta One level of service.
Actually there was a D1 on this route and I recently took it on July 12th which I believe was the last week for this type. Sad to say its not flying the route today!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.