Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL reduce ATL-DXB to 5x weekly; ATL-OAK & SLC-MDW, SLC-AMS dropped

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Hi All,

Delta will reduce its frequency from daily to 5x weekly for ATL-DXB, and also, DL will dropped ATL-OAK & SLC-MDW, as well. Because of this, WN has already existing routes.

Other news, SLC-AMS won't be back for next summer 2016.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by N830MH
Hi All,

Delta will reduce its frequency from daily to 5x weekly for ATL-DXB, and also, DL will dropped ATL-OAK & SLC-MDW, as well. Because of this, WN has already existing routes.

This is a seasonal cut. Just did a dummy booking 6/10-6/24 and the flight is showing.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: AS, DL, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by N830MH
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
This is a seasonal cut. Just did a dummy booking 6/10-6/24 and the flight is showing.
DL has reduced the season for SLC-AMS, not cut the route outright. The route is now scheduled to resume in May 2016 rather than late March.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
So, ATL - OAK will never start?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I never even knew SLC-MDW existed. That is a really oddball flight. No surprise that it would be cut.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I never even knew SLC-MDW existed. That is a really oddball flight. No surprise that it would be cut.
What's so odd about it? SLC is a DL hub and DL has a lot of flights at MDW, including almost as many MSP/DTW-MDW as MSP/DTW-ORD.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What's so odd about it? SLC is a DL hub and DL has a lot of flights at MDW, including almost as many MSP/DTW-MDW as MSP/DTW-ORD.
I don't think there is as much demand from SLC to Chicago as there is from MSP, DTW, or ATL.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
SLC is is a smaller hub and MDW is a secondary airport (might as well call it Chicago-Southwest Airlines national airport). Just like DL only serves HOU and DAL from limited hubs.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:41 pm

Unlike AA or UA, DL will try darn near any two destinations that have a 'paved surface', and hope that the route will 'stick ! I'm inclined to think that DL (though they'll never say so publicly) deep inside Knows they'll alway play 'Third fiddle to AA and UA.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
So, ATL - OAK will never start?
No, they never started.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:05 am

Hi N830MH
Can you advise where you saw the SLC-MDW info, as well as when they are dropping it? I am booked on this flight for Sept 16, and went through a confusing round with delta assist where they told me it was cancelled and then the platinum desk told me it wasn't cancelled, just sold out, which is why it had stopped showing as available.
Thanks.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:09 am

I just went back into my bookings and they have re routed me since last night!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
This could not be worse. Was setup in c+ On the wed. Dec 23 flight that got removed. They have our return second leg before first leg, so I'll have get things changed. With no non stop I'm going to have to go thru Klm or af now to not have to pay for a peak day at the hotel ( dec 23). Plus no idea if I will get prem Econ on Klm or af now, which would be bad if not. Ugh!!!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vatali
This could not be worse. Was setup in c+ On the wed. Dec 23 flight that got removed. They have our return second leg before first leg, so I'll have get things changed. With no non stop I'm going to have to go thru Klm or af now to not have to pay for a peak day at the hotel ( dec 23). Plus no idea if I will get prem Econ on Klm or af now, which would be bad if not. Ugh!!!
I have no clue what you're talking about. Am I missing a post or did this get posted to the wrong thread? Do you mean you're flying to DXB? Sorry, but the post isn't clear.

As for PE on AF, that's an actual class of service, C+ is just a bigger seat but still in economy class. Thus just because you got C+ doesn't mean you'll get PE unless you pay to upgrade.

Last edited by flyerCO; Aug 3, 2015 at 6:01 am
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I have no clue what you're talking about. Am I missing a post or did this get posted to the wrong thread?
Maybe the person was booked on a DXB flight that was cancelled? Or perhaps SLC-AMS?

I'm not convinced that December 23rd is a night when hotels will be expensive and full. There won't be business travelers so close to Christmas, except perhaps in places like Dubai?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.