Wiki Posts
Search

C+ in name only?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta gold, United silver
C+ in name only?

Flew FLL-MSP yesterday, rows 10-14 marked C+. Flight attendant handed out snack basket to rows 10-12 and stopped. When I asked why, she said the gate agent told her no one in rows 13-14 had paid for C+ so the FAs were not to give them snack basket or free drinks. She said this happened all the time on planes with 5 rows of C+. I'd never seen it before.

Thoughts?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:50 am

Yep...only rows 10-12 are actually C+. Rows 13-14 are "only" preferred seats even though they are marked C+. FA was correct.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 6:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Were the seats marketed as C+ on the website when you selected them? If not, you are SOL. If they were and you didn't pay for them, there's nothing due you, but it is certainly worth a note to DL and possibly to DOT.

If the seats aren't marketed as C+, the fact that there's a sticker on the OH isn't really relevant (although a bit stupid as it's easily fixed if DL doesn't intend for the seats to be C+).
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
This is temporary while Delta rolls out the expanded C+ section. Once the fleet is reconfigured, those will be available for purpose.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:09 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Often1
worth a note to DL and possibly to DOT
Wow, Realllllllly?!? That seems way over the top.

That said, what do they do when there's, for example, a row of 3X3, ABC-DEF. AC & DF have paid C+ pax and/or upper level Medallions. The B & E seats have people they just stuck there to fill up the cabin. How do they handle the free stuff for B & E?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: DL DM
Were the seats marketed as C+ on the website when you selected them? If not, you are SOL. If they were and you didn't pay for them, there's nothing due you, but it is certainly worth a note to DL and possibly to DOT.
???!!!!???!!!

Why don't I stop at the gas station tomorrow morning and pick up a .35 package of goldfish crackers and mail them to the OP?

Ridiculous.

Reconfigured C+ Isn't rolled out on the fleet yet. OP didn't pay for it. Suck it up.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by OHDL1
Yep...only rows 10-12 are actually C+. Rows 13-14 are "only" preferred seats even though they are marked C+. FA was correct.
The website touts all the creature comforts of C+. You get on a plane and sit in a seat with the C+ logo isn't it a reasonable expectation to get C+ service? The FA may have been "correct" but really?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Bicostal
The website touts all the creature comforts of C+. You get on a plane and sit in a seat with the C+ logo isn't it a reasonable expectation to get C+ service? The FA may have been "correct" but really?
Yes. Really.

OP got exactly what they paid for (and more - extra legroom).
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Yes. Really.

OP got exactly what they paid for (and more - extra legroom).
As a PM, didn't the OP "pay" for C+?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz 5*, SPG
Sounds like OP got what was paid for. That being said, there is still a lot of confusion by DL staff about C+. Last week, we flew SLC-ORD in genuine C+ (comped to me and family as PM). The snack basket was catered in the drink cart, but FA just gave C+ the regular snack choices, then took the basket and only passed it in F.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by davetravels
Wow, Realllllllly?!? That seems way over the top.

That said, what do they do when there's, for example, a row of 3X3, ABC-DEF. AC & DF have paid C+ pax and/or upper level Medallions. The B & E seats have people they just stuck there to fill up the cabin. How do they handle the free stuff for B & E?
The GA should have been more clear / accurate with his/her choice of words. What the GA meant to say is that while the seats have been physically converted to C+ seating, the seats were not yet being marketed as C+, and therefore the people sitting in them had no reasonable expectation they should receive C+ benefits.

As Delta begins to market these seats as C+ on the seat plan, Delta will begin to offer C+ service to these seats.

Clear now?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Nothin like a little anticapointment to make you feel wanted.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by muhakas
Flew FLL-MSP yesterday, rows 10-14 marked C+. Flight attendant handed out snack basket to rows 10-12 and stopped. When I asked why, she said the gate agent told her no one in rows 13-14 had paid for C+ so the FAs were not to give them snack basket or free drinks. She said this happened all the time on planes with 5 rows of C+. I'd never seen it before.

Thoughts?
What type of plane was this? I know the MD-88s now have 5 rows of C+ in the seat map, but the MD-90s don't.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by ruckzac
The GA should have been more clear / accurate with his/her choice of words. What the GA meant to say is that while the seats have been physically converted to C+ seating, the seats were not yet being marketed as C+, and therefore the people sitting in them had no reasonable expectation they should receive C+ benefits.

As Delta begins to market these seats as C+ on the seat plan, Delta will begin to offer C+ service to these seats.

Clear now?
-------

Really?, as if people are not confused enough. How can you tell someone the seats have been converted to C+ but the amenities are not included? Then don't convert them at all until it's kosher all the way around.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by muhakas

Thoughts?
This makes absolutely no sense. I NEVER pay for C+ and I'm always offered something from the snack basket, normally twice in fact. Either way, C+ on the MD-90 are rows 10-12, so rows 13-14 didn't receive snacks because they aren't C+.

If they were and you didn't pay for them, there's nothing due you, but it is certainly worth a note to DL and possibly to DOT.
Maybe wait for a bit more info from the OP before making such drastic suggestions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.