Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Checkin/Bag Claim for ATL-YVR/YVR-SEA-ATL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checkin/Bag Claim for ATL-YVR/YVR-SEA-ATL?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Question Checkin/Bag Claim for ATL-YVR/YVR-SEA-ATL?

I'm trying to decide whether to park at the Domestic or Intl. terminal for an ATL-YVR/YVR-SEA-ATL itinerary. We will be checking bags.
  1. I assume I need to check-in at the Int'l terminal for the outbound flight since we will be checking bags. Or is Vancouver, Canada treated as domestic?
  2. I know we pre-clear customs and immigration at YVR. I assume our bags from the SEA-ATL leg will go to Domestic bag claim in ATL on the last leg. Is that correct?
Am I stuck on the shuttle on one leg or the other if we check bags? If so, then I guess we should park at an off-airport lot with shuttles to both domestic and international.

Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Vancouver is treated as a domestic flight. All immigration will be handled at YVR in both directions; the airport has a US preclearance facility. I would expect baggage to be delivered to the domestic baggage claim upon arrival home.

That said, the flight departs from the E gates, so checking in at the international terminal would put you marginally closer to your departure gate - so your offsite parking idea might be the most convenient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.