Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Snacks never offered in F, but FA's helped themselves to them...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - KM/DM MM, AA - AP, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Exec Elite

I'm not one to post often but this irks me. The Mrs and I were in 1A and B this evening heading home from a weekend trip into ATL from PWM thus giving me a clear view of the galley. We received meal service as scheduled but the usual snack basket never made its way through the cabin at all, however both the Flight Lead and another FA helped themselves to the snacks in the basket for at least a half hour while chatting in the galley. The second FA had at least 5-6 of the Twix bars and walked off with several bags of chips and more candy bars... Anyone else witness something like this? I'm not really feeling like reporting it but it does bother me and I just may do it. I'm sure this is a no-go in the policy. Plus the cabin service actually was poor too..

Before any flaming. Yes, both of our seats were paid F so I'm not .....ing on a free upgrade. and yes I do have several video clips of the shenanigans.

Curious to see the responses from the FT community.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
I think that this needs to be reported, especially if you have video clips of the shenanigans. The FAs need to be reprimanded for this type of inappropriate behavior, not to mention poor customer service.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:11 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Platinum New Name: KeepClimbingEd
Definitely report it. Obviously these galley-gabbing, snack basket-munching flight attendants were not even doing the bare minimum service standard and were putting the passengers comfort and needs below their wants to goof off.

These entitled FAs are hindering the company's FCM margins by offering sub-standard service and should be fired. Eating out of the snack basket in front of the passengers and not offering the snack basket. Ridiculous. They should be FIRED.

Report it and send the videos. Use delta.com and send a separate email to Richard Anderson. He sits at CE Woolman's desk every day, no doubt working on his case against the ME3 -- who would FIRE these FAs in an instant.

Be sure to remind them that you were flying paid F (they'll know from your ticket) and that you're not looking for compensation.

Delta needs to stand up against these Shena's and show them Delta is serious about high standards of conduct and takes action against those who chose to operate against company policy.

Let us know how Delta replies.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:10 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Report this.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: DL DM and 1.5 MM, UA GM, HH DM
Did you ask for the snack basket or did you just watch them slowly disappear...
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Why do posters feel the need to clarify whether the F seat is paid? Does that change the conclusion that FAs shouldn't have been helping themselves to the snack basket? If it's all upgrades up front, does the snack basket privilege go away?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah doesn't matter if its 'paid' or free... F service should be the same. Definitely report it.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by rylan
Yeah doesn't matter if its 'paid' or free... F service should be the same. Definitely report it.
Exactly correct.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Why do posters feel the need to clarify whether the F seat is paid?
Because there are some on here who feel those who get upgrades are lower than pondscum and have absolutely no right to make a comment about anything. Not saying I agree, but just wait a while, they'll show up here eventually.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:53 am

Weren't snack baskets only on 1400+ miles mealtime flights.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Yeah, actually, this flight no longer qualifies for a snack basket in F. The snack basket you saw was for C+, and it probably was passed once and then taken up to the galley. Honestly, that would mifff me a bit too if I were in C+, but if F got a meal, then that's all it was entitled too.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Why do posters feel the need to clarify whether the F seat is paid? Does that change the conclusion that FAs shouldn't have been helping themselves to the snack basket? If it's all upgrades up front, does the snack basket privilege go away?
Because the DL apologistas will excoriate anyone who doesn't pay cash money for the n'est plus ultra experience of domestic first class.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - KM/DM MM, AA - AP, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Yeah, actually, this flight no longer qualifies for a snack basket in F. The snack basket you saw was for C+, and it probably was passed once and then taken up to the galley. Honestly, that would mifff me a bit too if I were in C+, but if F got a meal, then that's all it was entitled too.
I have never seen a policy on snacks being only for C+ where F gets a meal or any mileage based limits on snacks vs meals offered. I know there is a flight time policy on meals. There are several RT flights I take on a weekly basis around 1100 miles each way and both (meals/snacks) have always been offered, so far...

I think having a policy about F cabin meals being served trumping offering a snack basket instead being a large customer service problem. I have declined a meal in lieu of a snack and I'm sure many other passengers do as well.

PS - Yes, as some pointed out the paid F clarification was due to the usual comments regarding F upgrade seats equating to "You received a free upgrade don't complain" and at the end of the day all this amounts to is devaluation of a product and reduction in customer service - paid or complimentary....

Last edited by TpaDeltaSlave; Jul 15, 2015 at 7:55 am Reason: Grammer :-/
Old Jul 15, 2015, 8:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
Delta has a strategy to monetize the first class cabin. The premise of their argument is how does Delta expect people to pay for a product/service that is not worth it or not delivered. Said another way, if Delta offered a product/service enough people were willing to buy on a per ticket basis, perhaps FCM would be even more successful.

Separately, once a passenger has a seat in the F cabin, regardless of how the passenger was ticketed into the cabin, e.g., money, miles, comp upgrade, the service should be the same and an F passenger is an F passenger is an F passenger.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: delta AA, United, BA Virgin, QR
disappearing snack tray

I have noticed on some flights, if they serve a meal in first, then they do not circulate the snack tray. At the same time vegans like me often can't order proper vgml so grabbing an banana off the snack tray helps. Does anyone know if there is a rule based on flight time as to whether it is both or either or?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.