Wiki Posts
Search

Delta App Update, Yea or Nay?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium

Just noticed that an update was released yesterday for the Delta iPhone app.

Has anyone updated yet? Have the seat maps for existing reservations been "enhanced" in a similar manner to the ones online?

I don't want to update if it means losing the one easy way I have of viewing the F/J seat map when sitting in Y.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by WWads
Just noticed that an update was released yesterday for the Delta iPhone app.

Has anyone updated yet? Have the seat maps for existing reservations been "enhanced" in a similar manner to the ones online?

I don't want to update if it means losing the one easy way I have of viewing the F/J seat map when sitting in Y.
I updated. Says you can now use your camera to scan your Passport and credit card.

Seat maps show both economy and First/Business availability when booked in economy.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Auston
I updated. Says you can now use your camera to scan your Passport and credit card.

Seat maps show both economy and First/Business availability when booked in economy.
So you can do a doc check with your app now for international flights? That would be cool.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
Originally Posted by realjd
So you can do a doc check with your app now for international flights? That would be cool.
Indeed! I am sure someone will report before this but I am coming back from JNB on Friday and will attempt mobile check in...
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The app that I have only shows coach seats that aren't EC/C+, exit row, or premium now for flights where I'm booked in BE/D1. [It worked fine for me until people started reporting problems with this.] If someone has an app that allows one to see all seats on your flights when clicking from the itinerary, keep that version, treasure it, and guard it against automatic updates.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
So I gather it's safe to update then? I do like the new stated features, it's the unstated ones that worry me...
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:59 am

What’s New in Fly Delta 3.4

• We’ve added a passport scanner which can be used during check-in for international travel. Just tap on the camera icon on the passport info page
• We’ve also added a credit card scanner to help with entering your payment information
• In Profile, you can now update your username and password
• Fixed a bug which prevented some customers from seeing the upgrade/standby list in My Trips
• Several other bug fixes
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The app that I have only shows coach seats that aren't EC/C+, exit row, or premium now for flights where I'm booked in BE/D1. [It worked fine for me until people started reporting problems with this.] If someone has an app that allows one to see all seats on your flights when clicking from the itinerary, keep that version, treasure it, and guard it against automatic updates.
I notice that from the last version also... can only view all the Y seats if I go through the process of trying to do a new booking.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Can someone confirm that the app allows one to scan your passport? If so, does "docs ok" then show up on EBPs as well as BPs printed via the web?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:27 am

Was SYD a factor in this failure?

When I did OLCI this morning, I thought the app took a photo of my 'passport'. However, I could not get any EBP (OKC-ATL-LAX-SYD) and the print passes say "verify passport".

So did my iP6 camera fail me when using the app or is this because I going to SYD tomorrow and that requires verification of my visa? If the latter, does that mean I need to show a print out of my e-visa for Australia when I go to the counter to check in luggage?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Xeno
When I did OLCI this morning, I thought the app took a photo of my 'passport'. However, I could not get any EBP (OKC-ATL-LAX-SYD) and the print passes say "verify passport".

So did my iP6 camera fail me when using the app or is this because I going to SYD tomorrow and that requires verification of my visa? If the latter, does that mean I need to show a print out of my e-visa for Australia when I go to the counter to check in luggage?
When I tried it earlier this week the camera did take a picture of my passport and I still had to go to the desk because they had to answer some Visa related questions in the system before I could get the DOCS-OK version. So its actually more work for me, less for the GA, but no faster overall.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:27 am

Programs: DL DM, DL SkyClub, DL AmEx Plat, SPG +, Hilton Silver, Hertz, Thrifty BlueChip, NEXUS/GE

I had an INTL trip since the update. The camera thing is fun and worked perfectly for me (no VISA issues - MEX). The actual BP Screen didn't say "DOCS OK" for me, but the info screen (when it flips around) did say it. GA had no problems and I boarded like normal. So far, seems less glitchy and has some nice features. I'm a fan.

ETA: forgot I had a NRT trip on the 17. I didn't even realize the app updated, but it prompted me to scan the passport with the camera. I was confused at the time, but figured out that the app updated and I didn't realize. 2 trips and no issues on this end. YMMV.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 5:16 am

I could not get the app to scan my passport this morning. This worked okay for SYD last month but I think there was an app update since then. Anyway, anyone else have this problem of late?

I was hoping to skip the counter since I do not have luggage to check and do not need a visa for Greece.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.