Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dirty Planes

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Dirty Planes

There may be a few dirty planes leaving MSP. The cleaners walked off the job due to low wages.

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
Old May 27, 2015, 9:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
TV news that I saw didn't mention DL, so I assume that this cleaning company takes caare of most of the planes at MSP, not just DL.

News last week had a story about the airport commission considering a huge wage increase for wheelchair pushers and similar airport workers. There apparently have been some minor demonstrations about the issue.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by NWAFA
There may be a few dirty planes leaving MSP. The cleaners walked off the job due to low wages.

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
Why not just fire them and hire a new cleaning company? It isn't like the job requires advanced skills.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Why not just fire them and hire a new cleaning company? It isn't like the job requires advanced skills.
I don't know whether they're unionized, but I would guess yes.
Old May 31, 2015, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA, SPG GLD, DL FO, VX, UA, US, ICH, Hyatt, Avis Pref.
Yes, pay people who have unsupervised access to the secure areas of our nation's transportation infrastructure crap wages. What can go wrong?

Frankly, I'm already surprised they can find people to take those jobs who can also pass background checks.

You get what you pay for.
Old May 31, 2015, 9:42 pm

According to the news Air Serv fired 10 employees who refused to work spontaneous overtime. They are not unionized but a large contingent walked off.

Most likely they'll end up unionizing sooner rather than later.
Old May 31, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
Originally Posted by NWAFA

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
Since I've never flown into MSP, I'm pretty sure that this isn't something that concerns me.
Old May 31, 2015, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA2014
Since I've never flown into MSP, I'm pretty sure that this isn't something that concerns me.
Well, some planes from MSP fly to ATL. From there, they fly elsewhere in the DL system, possibly including places where you do want to fly.
Old May 31, 2015, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Well, some planes from MSP fly to ATL. From there, they fly elsewhere in the DL system, possibly including places where you do want to fly.
True. Hopefully, the cleaners in Atlanta can take care of that mess!
Old May 31, 2015, 10:07 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Well, some planes from MSP fly to ATL. From there, they fly elsewhere in the DL system
Nah, I don't think so. Everything centers around ATL, so, I think planes fly in there, but never fly OUT of there!

Old May 31, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Delta planes are often dirty, including in D1. They need to invest more seriously in this.

I mean really---do you know anyone that pays 8 or 10 dollars an hour for someone to clean their home? We (gladly) pay much more than this. In return we get good service, and also are able to trust people with property that we place a high value on. Just saying. . .
Old May 31, 2015, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
Nah, I don't think so. Everything centers around ATL, so, I think planes fly in there, but never fly OUT of there!

As long as the plane is at the gate when we're ready to board, I truly do not care where it came from
Old Jun 1, 2015, 2:18 am

Probably what will happen. DGS or another vendor will end up taking over.

Delta plays musical chairs with vendors all the time.

having said that, as people have said in this thread, its not like these vendors do that great of a job. It doesn't require advanced skill but you are still generally going to get crap work when you treat people like crap.
I don't know whether they're unionized, but I would guess yes.
It wouldn't matter if they are or aren't. They aren't Delta employees, they are contractors. Delta will just dump the contract and pick another vendor.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Couldn't they just buy a bunch of Roombas to clean the floors? No human require then.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Hah! US Air has much dirtier airplanes, and they love to tweet about them.

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/14/worst_tweet_in_history/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.