Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQM Calculator?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
MQM Calculator?

Is there any way to estimate MQMileage other than a mock booking?

Does anyone know the algorithm or know of a functioning app?

Have spent a lot of time crafting a plan to meet a SM challenge, especially on attempting to book MR's given the website's tendency to show only certain flights (e.g. ignoring the times you could make and giving you only a few others).

Thanks for any advice for next time.
Old May 19, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Delta's MQMs are slightly different than what their website shows as the miles flown. Usually, you get a couple of extra miles. For example, the Delta website shows the distance between ATL and DCA at 545 miles. However, I always get 547 MQMs for a coach ticket on this route.

The minimum MQMs for a segment is 500, so if you were planning, say, YYJ-SEA, you would get 500, even though this route is probably less than 100 miles long.

To answer your specific question, I am unaware of an MQM calculator. You can go into their flight status utility accessed from the home page of delta.com, enter a city pair, click on a flight number and then look at flight details, where the miles flown will be reported.
Old May 19, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL PM; SPG Plat 100; Marriott Gold; IHG Gold
I use the following...

http://www.webflyer.com/travel/mileage_calculator/

It is not always completely accurate, but usually within 5 miles. You just need to know what (if any) bonus you are earning to put in those fields, and make sure you enter the 500 mile minimum.
Old May 19, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
I use this one:

http://fly.qux.us/smcalc/

You can't trust the RDM anymore because it's now cost-based, but the MQM part is really useful.
Old May 19, 2015, 6:42 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Dupe...
Old May 19, 2015, 7:04 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
On my laptop or desktop, I really love Flying Fish:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-download.html

For a website, I like milecalc.com
Old May 19, 2015, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
works for me! for MQMs. Thanks!

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
You're right, this is brilliant. Thanks ttjoseph for creating and NotHamSarnie for sharing.
Old May 20, 2015, 12:07 am

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
I usually use gcmap.com (manually adjusting for 500-mile minimums where applicable). The only time it's been off by more than a mile (probably a minor rounding difference) was for flights between DEN and {DTW, ATL, MSP} where DL credited me with {12, 9, 13} extra miles.

Here's why, of course. This implies that SLC flyers will wind up 10 miles under; I haven't flown DEN-SLC to confirm that.
Old May 20, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by landrew
You're right, this is brilliant. Thanks ttjoseph for creating and NotHamSarnie for sharing.
You're welcome! I just verified that the fare code bonuses are up-to-date i.e., none for M, 50% for B, Z, 100% for full J (and the domestic ones) so that even though the developer had to give up on accurate display of RDM, s/he keeps the other stuff fresh.
Old May 20, 2015, 7:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Just be aware that DL ultimately uses its own distance numbers, which are not necessarily the same as those derived from the great circle mapper or generic calculators which claim to work for all airlines. Of course, these fine points generally matter only if you're very close to a requirement.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:58 pm

None of these calculators seem to have the latest redeemable mileage correct, which is now based on $ spent instead of miles flown. So only MQMs are still correct.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by alchemista
None of these calculators seem to have the latest redeemable mileage correct, which is now based on $ spent instead of miles flown. So only MQMs are still correct.
The only way an online calculator could calculate redeemable mileage is if it knows the actual base fare which would be impossible unless you manually input it.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
I use this one:

http://fly.qux.us/smcalc/

You can't trust the RDM anymore because it's now cost-based, but the MQM part is really useful.
I use this one too. It's great.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
Does the 500 mile min apply for non-elites as well?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by cmculp
Does the 500 mile min apply for non-elites as well?
Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.