Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Any suggestions for lower fare destinations ex-AMS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any suggestions for lower fare destinations ex-AMS?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2015, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by woodenshoe101
If cost is a concern, you may also consider booking a ticket with the outbound in D1 and the return in Coach (or vice versa - personally I would book the overnight flight in D1).

The last time I've done this is quite a while (>2 years)ago. Also, whether it is possible may depend on the available fare bucket because I think not all fares are combinable in this manner. It would state in the fare rules, but o yeah, DL doesn't want you to see those, as it might be TMI... (also you'll need to call to book something like this, not possible online afaik)
I would call several times and write down details of what DL agents say is available and combineable. Some agents will be dramatically better at helping with something like this than others. Don't be afraid to HUACB.
Old May 15, 2015, 12:49 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I would call several times and write down details of what DL agents say is available and combineable. Some agents will be dramatically better at helping with something like this than others. Don't be afraid to HUACB.
You can also use matrix.itasoftware.com to search for different pricing for different legs of the trip. That is good information to have before you call - you know what it should cost.

In the Advanced Routing Codes for the outbound use /f bc=Z to search for Z fares. Leave the Advanced Routing Codes blank for the return.
Old May 15, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Originally Posted by TTT
You can also use matrix.itasoftware.com to search for different pricing for different legs of the trip. That is good information to have before you call - you know what it should cost.

In the Advanced Routing Codes for the outbound use /f bc=Z to search for Z fares. Leave the Advanced Routing Codes blank for the return.
Very good point. Having that handy before calling has saved me several 100 dollars on a few occasions. In some cases it took the agents several searches to find the fares I was looking at, and their initial quotes were way off the mark. A few agents were adamant that their price was the best available, and yet a little agent roulette magically yields the number (or very close to it) ITA returned.
Old May 15, 2015, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This could be a good way to lose your FF account, including RDMs, status, and certs.
Maybe if you did it once a month...one time thing...ain't gonna happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.