Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comfort + Free Drinks

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2015, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Comfort + Free Drinks

I don't fly too terribly often, but the wife and I are taking a trip to PHX in June to see some friends and I booked an upgrade to the Comfort + seats, mainly because I'd like to have more than one bottle of Jack Daniels on the flight (it's vacation). The times that I have flown, which have been mainly in Economy, I have only seen the attendants twice to purchase a drink. Will Comfort + receive any more attention than the regular economy seats, or is the service pretty much the same except for the free drinks and upgraded snack basket?
Old May 8, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: SPG, DL
They aren't going to come to you in C+ any more than regular economy.

Solution is simple--ask for multiple mini's when they come through. Last flight I had in C+ ATL-SLC I got 3 bottles of woodford on first pass, lady next to me got 4 bottles of wine, etc.

Probably doesn't work great for mixed stuff or beer, but you can always ring the call button if it's that important.
Old May 8, 2015, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Often only one pass for drinks. Feel free to ask for a double the first time they come by.
Old May 8, 2015, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Just didn't want to be "that guy" on the flight. Not trying to get wasted, just enjoy some down time. Thanks again.
Old May 8, 2015, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by BenC2000
Thanks for the replies. Just didn't want to be "that guy" on the flight. Not trying to get wasted, just enjoy some down time. Thanks again.
It's not what you consume. It's how you handle yourself afterward.

Enjoy your vacation!
Old May 8, 2015, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gooselee

Enjoy your vacation!
Haha. Thanks!
Old May 8, 2015, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Technically, DL asks the FA's to check up on C+ from time to time to fulfill any additional refills. You can also engage a FA when they come through with the water/coffee walks.
Old May 8, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
I've noticed sometimes I'll ask for a double and they say ok, then give me 1. It's embarassing to clarify. But annoying and weird nonetheless.
Old May 8, 2015, 2:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Ring your call button for a refill.

Many carriers have policies that say that FAs may only serve one (double, I assume) drink at a time, and only when you are seated, although going to the galley area to ask the FA for a refill is another tactic.
Old May 9, 2015, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your inputs. I may try the box of chocolate approach that I read about on here to see if it gets us anymore attention. Can't hurt at least.
Old May 9, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I've gone to the back galley in the past, asking for another drink.
Clarify that you're in E+, and there won't be a charge for it.
Old May 15, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: DL Pm
Dumb follow-up question: C+ advertises "free beer, wine, and spirits." Do you get that if you are on a flight that is so short that drinks are not offered in the Main Cabin?
Old May 15, 2015, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fsemmes
Dumb follow-up question: C+ advertises "free beer, wine, and spirits." Do you get that if you are on a flight that is so short that drinks are not offered in the Main Cabin?
I believe it has to be over 250 miles.
Old May 15, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by ATLawyer
... Solution is simple--ask for multiple mini's when they come through. Last flight I had in C+ ATL-SLC I got 3 bottles of woodford on first pass, lady next to me got 4 bottles of wine, etc.

Probably doesn't work great for mixed stuff or beer, but you can always ring the call button if it's that important.
it's called "planning ahead" ... but it doesn't always work out
Old May 15, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL PLAT MM SC Lifetime
Originally Posted by gooselee

Enjoy your vacation!
^ So true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.