Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Coach seats: Delta vs. Aerolineas Argentinas

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American

I am looking at using some miles to go skiing in Argentina this summer. I can't find any info on seat pitch for Aerolineas Argentinas. There is much better availability on the US-Argentina flights with Aerolineas Argentinas vs. Delta. How do their coach seats compare on the A330? And is it correct that the A330 are brand new? Overall: any reason to stick with Delta for Economy Comfort?

Last edited by kahuna613; May 6, 2015 at 3:13 pm
Old May 6, 2015, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IMO AR has a reputation for lots of schedule changes, delays, cancellations, and generally bad service.
Old May 6, 2015, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by kahuna613
I am looking at using some miles to go skiing in Argentina this summer. I can't find any info on seat pitch for Aerolineas Argentinas. There is much better availability on the US-Argentina flights with AA. How do their coach seats compare on the A330? And is it correct that the A330 are brand new? Overall: any reason to stick with Delta for Economy Comfort?
Careful with the two-character airline abbreviations on FlyerTalk.

AA = American Airlines

AR = Aerolineas Argentinas

The AR A330s aren't all new deliveries... some go back to Sabena and 1999. They are all relatively new to AR, however, with delivery in 2013 or more recent.
Old May 6, 2015, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Careful with the two-character airline abbreviations on FlyerTalk.

AA = American Airlines

AR = Aerolineas Argentinas

The AR A330s aren't all new deliveries... some go back to Sabena and 1999. They are all relatively new to AR, however, with delivery in 2013 or more recent.
I thought the OP was requesting a comparison for AA versus AR versus DL, with cryptic comments on availability.
Old May 6, 2015, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

I am asking for a comparison of coach seats between Delta and Aerolineas Argentinas on US to Argentina routes. Because there is better Skymiles availability on Aerolineas Argentinas, I am inclined to use them UNLESS their coach seats are far less comfortable than Delta's Economy Comfort.
Old May 6, 2015, 5:33 pm

I wouldn't say that DL or AR's economy seats are significantly better than one another. I'd probably give a slight edge to the DL767 over the AR A330 but if you're comparing economy AR to Delta's EC, then it just depends on how much you value the legroom. If you're over 5'10" then you'll probably appreciate Delta more. AR does have a bad reputation for not being on-time and for bad customer service but in my limited experience its been fine. If you value legroom over schedule go with DL, otherwise AR will probably be fine. Enjoy your trip to Argentina!
Old May 6, 2015, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I am indeed 6'5". The schedules on a lot of the AR flights via JFK have like a full day layover in New York also. Availability on Delta was much better just to Buenos Aires, which I'd like to visit anyhow. We will see...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.