Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iOS App Seat Map Issues

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2015, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond Medallion, Delta Amex Reserve, Marriott Rewards Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
iOS App Seat Map Issues

Been having an error on almost all reservations in which the app can't display seat assignments and maps for selection. I choose to view the seat and it says "sorry the app is having technical difficulties please try again". Anyone else had similar issues the last few days?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I was having the same experience last night on Android, AND I got the "Can't display your trips at the time" on DL.com.

Looks like DL IT is fiddling with things.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: DL-PM
Been getting the technical difficulties when trying to access the seat maps the past 2 days.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
I've found that most of the time is the issue is that the phone is out of memory and by closing all other apps and then trying to use the Delta app things load just fine.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
I've found that most of the time is the issue is that the phone is out of memory and by closing all other apps and then trying to use the Delta app things load just fine.
not this time. app problems. can't look at my seat maps either even with nothing else running
Old Apr 15, 2015, 6:46 pm

I have 4 upcoming itineraries. On the iPhone app...

The first 2; PEK-MSP on Saturday, and MSP-PHX-MSP last week of April have no problem.

The last 2; one-way award tickets for early next year MSP-NRT-BKK on DL and BKK-ICN-SEA-MSP on KE/DL give me the seat map display error.

The seat maps display successfully for the flights where I am in economy. They fail for the flights where I am in business.

Last edited by lostone; Apr 15, 2015 at 7:06 pm
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
iOS App Seat Map Issues

I have been trying for a couple days on my iPhone to view/change seats. No luck!

I called today and online assistance put me on hold and checked; the agent came back and said they are aware that there is a problem and are working on it.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
I had that issue last weekend. I thought it was because I was departing CDG on an AF flight connecting to DL, but DL ticketed, and maybe it was just tripping up the system in the 24 hour period. Since it was at the same time I was trying to check in, I thought it was related to that. But I ended up just checking in via AF.com, and it worked out (and we got a very affordable buy up to J, which I snagged). For data's sake, I'm using the iPhone app, and the last time I updated was 3 April. So it's probably something internally on DL's end
Old Apr 15, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Same issue.

The solution...open Safari, go to Dl.dum, open full site, login, change seats. It's a PIA compared to the app but at least it's still possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.