Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Australia Award Booking Issues

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Virgin Australia Award Booking Issues

I've made a booking on Delta.com using SkyMiles for a Virgin Australia flight between LAX and SYD.

When the confirmation page finally loaded it showed the confirmation # as undefined and now when I try to lookup the reservation using the ticket number or confirmation number in my email it gives me an error saying the reservation could not be found.

Another oddity is that my credit card was only charged for half the taxes, fees and charges. (This booking has two passengers) However, the receipt shows both ticket numbers and the correct total for the taxes, fees and charges.

So now I'm confused, somewhat worried as my account has already been debited the 160,000 points needed for the business class booking.

Has anyone experienced this before? I am attempting to call Delta to see what is going on but the hold times are upwards of 4 hours apparently.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Call Virgin Australia.

Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
160,000 miles deducted from your account. Half the taxes and fees hit your credit card.

Sounds like only one reservation went through. If you can't get through to DL call VA and see if they can locate your reservation.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

@fittraveler, it was actually only one-way so all the miles deducted correctly, but the fees are wrong. Just got off the phone with VA and they see the ticket but said that it didn't have any flights associated with it. So I needed to call delta to get it resolved.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by whoknew89
@fittraveler, it was actually only one-way so all the miles deducted correctly, but the fees are wrong. Just got off the phone with VA and they see the ticket but said that it didn't have any flights associated with it. So I needed to call delta to get it resolved.
Does VA see one or two (one way) tickets?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

@MSpeconomist, I did not ask and gave them the first ticket number so I'm unsure. I suppose I could call back, but already sitting on hold with Delta. I'm tempted to actually drive up to the airport to talk to someone in person since the hold times are 3-4 hours on the phone.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the phone wait times are bad, airport lines could be worse. At least on the phone, you can use speakerphone while you get comfortable and do something else.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum
I used 160,000 points for my wife and I to fly from LAX to SYD trip next year. I've been trying to use 160,000 more for a return trip 10 days after arriving but now the VA option is not available. I have to use 175,000 points for the Delta flight back. I would rather fly VA if possible even if I had to spend the 175,000 points. Does anyone have any ideas before I call Delta? Thanks.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: Delta Platimum, United 1K
Saw the same thing. Can't do VA award online anymore?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
160,000 points
That is rediculous. That should be the round trip price...not a one way. Are partner awards not all in low anymore?

I redeemed J from the east coast to SYD for 140,000 round trip (via Bali pre 1/1/15) of course.

Last edited by pgh234; Mar 18, 2015 at 7:41 pm
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by pgh234
That us rediculous. That should be the round trip price...not a one way. Are partner awards not all in low anymore?

I redeemed J from the east coast to SYD for 140,000 round trip (via Bali pre 1/1/15) of course.
The booking has 2 passengers. 80k one-way x 2 pax = 160k.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Phew..good. Sorry about that. I was worried I had missed an enhancement or something.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:00 pm

Thank you. Prior to booking my one way to Syd I could view a return trip on VA for the same points. Once I booked my Lax to Syd the option for travel on Va was taken away. I can only book on Delta for the 175,000 each.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

@wisdom I noticed delta prioritizing their own awards above VA. Make sure you're sorting by award price and see if that helps. If not, it might be time to give Delta a call, especially if you can find saver level awards on Virgin Australia's website.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:24 pm

@whoknew89. I logged on today and it's all back to normal. I can see the flights for VA again. And the one way from SYD to LAX is 80,000 per passenger. Whew.
Thank you for your help.

Last edited by Wisdom; Mar 19, 2015 at 2:25 pm Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.