Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is asking for ORC unnecesary now?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Is asking for ORC unnecesary now?

So I'll be the first one to fully admit that I STILL don't fully understand all the nuances of the new mileage accrual system on DL.

I do think I understand, though, that the new accrual of MQM's is now based on status X ticket price rather then distance flown. So if that's true then is asking for ORC unnecessary from an MQM standpoint at least? (ie whether you go from BOS-MSP-DCA or BOS-JFK-DCA it's still the same MQM's, right?) Can someone please help me w/ this?

Thanks and good luck to everyone to/from/thru ATL today, I suspect operations are a mess.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by soxfanndc
So I'll be the first one to fully admit that I STILL don't fully understand all the nuances of the new mileage accrual system on DL.

I do think I understand, though, that the new accrual of MQM's is now based on status X ticket price rather then distance flown. So if that's true then is asking for ORC unnecessary from an MQM standpoint at least? (ie whether you go from BOS-MSP-DCA or BOS-JFK-DCA it's still the same MQM's, right?) Can someone please help me w/ this?

Thanks and good luck to everyone to/from/thru ATL today, I suspect operations are a mess.
No, MQMs are still based on miles flown. RDMs are based on fair paid.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by yohanson
No, MQMs are still based on miles flown. RDMs are based on fair paid.
although some may think the fare they paid is unfair ...
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
The real question is whether you have to request ORC for RDM if you get rebooked onto another carrier--I imagine the answer is yes.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by jrl767
although some may think the fare they paid is unfair ...
^. My bad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.