Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

United leaves Dallas Love Field and gates going to SWA.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL GM .75MM, HH D, IHG GE, Nat Ex, ePlus
All of this could be resolved by removing the predatory practices and space domination, by installing a common use system and the airport controlling resources like a landlord should.

Airlines will continue to sprawl and purchase unneeded space so that others cannot operate in their area. Common/shared use with as needed provisioning resolves these boundaries. The airport has to step up though.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dtabbs
All of this could be resolved by removing the predatory practices and space domination, by installing a common use system and the airport controlling resources like a landlord should.

Airlines will continue to sprawl and purchase unneeded space so that others cannot operate in their area. Common/shared use with as needed provisioning resolves these boundaries. The airport has to step up though.
I agree. My home airport, SJC is common use, though you have a good idea on which airline uses which gate, there is enough flexibility to move an airline from one gate to another.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Time to change the name of Dallas Love Field to "Dallas LUV Field"
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/bl...html?ana=yahoo

Looks like Southwest is going to court to allow it to deny DL access to its gates which would effectively push DL out of the airport.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:52 pm

I don't fly DL...I do fly WN on occasion...but this is ridiculous. Really. The DOT has an extreme double standard here. They are trying to promote "competition" and put up a real fit when AA/US merged. Now, they seem to have no problem allowing WN to essentially gain a monopoly on DAL when DL wants in as well.

Yes, Virgin America has very very limited flights, but there's no reason to restrict DL too. It's exactly that, a monopoly for WN...they cannot possibly win this in court, even if DL plans limited operations
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Why you can't have enough more gates?!? 20 gates is not enough!!! Why you don't do something?!? They needed more than 20 gates.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/bl...html?ana=yahoo

Looks like Southwest is going to court to allow it to deny DL access to its gates which would effectively push DL out of the airport.
But... But... But... Southwest is the friend of the consumer. Surely, DL must have done something wrong here, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.