Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777-200ER Bulkhead 29A or 29J Window?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

777-200ER Bulkhead 29A or 29J Window?

We are trying to decide which EC seats to purchase for our NRT - SIN leg. Our plane is the new configuration with EC beginning in Row 29. I would like to have bulkhead seats and my husband needs a window at his seat.

I read in one thread that there may not be a window in row 29? I couldn't find any other reference to this issue or find an adequate picture online.

Is there anyone out there who can confirm a window in either seat 29A or 29J?

Thank you!
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
As in every other thread suggesting seatguru.com, what did it tell you there?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Well, I did look at seatguru prior to posting and it wasn't mentioned as a problem. But there also were not any specific comments for those seat numbers either.

Sorry, but I guess I was just hoping for a first hand confirmation that would clearly negate that other flyertalk post stating that there "isn't a window in this row."
Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:05 pm

Yes, they have windows

Just deplaned from a 777-200ER and can confirm that you do get a window view on the 29ABC side, but there's no window on the 29GHJ side due to BE staggering. That said, the legroom is noticeably better in 29DEFGHJ than 29ABC.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much. That is exactly the information I was looking for!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Seems to be inconsistent info on whether there is more room in 29A or 29J. Doing a search, it appears that 29J doesn't have a window but some feedback says 29A and 29J have similar legroom, some say 29J has much more and others say 29A has more legroom.

I'll be flying ATL-ICN and NRT-ATL on the 777-LR. Both 29A and 29J are both available now.

Any recent experience or recommendations?

Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: DL DM
On my last 777LR flight I was in 34J, but made a point to look for the missing window. It was 29J. Have heard others state less room on the GHJ side but cannot confirm.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by GagaPilot
On my last 777LR flight I was in 34J, but made a point to look for the missing window. It was 29J. Have heard others state less room on the GHJ side but cannot confirm.
Thanks...I was able to grab 29A on both flights.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Mileage Lover
Seems to be inconsistent info on whether there is more room in 29A or 29J. Doing a search, it appears that 29J doesn't have a window but some feedback says 29A and 29J have similar legroom, some say 29J has much more and others say 29A has more legroom.

I'll be flying ATL-ICN and NRT-ATL on the 777-LR. Both 29A and 29J are both available now.

Any recent experience or recommendations?

Thanks!
I've got 29J coming back from HND-MSP on Monday. I plan on sleeping as much as I can on the flight, but will report back here upon my arrival back.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by noah95
I've got 29J coming back from HND-MSP on Monday. I plan on sleeping as much as I can on the flight, but will report back here upon my arrival back.
A report would be great. Just trying to figure out which would be easier to scoot past other pax without waking them.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Mileage Lover
A report would be great. Just trying to figure out which would be easier to scoot past other pax without waking them.
29J. You want 29J. I flew MSP-HND in 31H and was sure to take note of the space and set up on both sides of the plane. Now, there is no window right at the seat(29J), but there was a window about 20inches ahead from the seat, definitely viewable from a sitting position, and certainly viewable with a small scoot 'n lean. As far as bulkhead room goes, I would say at least 12-18 inches more room in the HIJ section vs. ABC.
Let me know if you have any additional questions!
RaflW likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by noah95
29J. You want 29J. I flew MSP-HND in 31H and was sure to take note of the space and set up on both sides of the plane. Now, there is no window right at the seat(29J), but there was a window about 20inches ahead from the seat, definitely viewable from a sitting position, and certainly viewable with a small scoot 'n lean. As far as bulkhead room goes, I would say at least 12-18 inches more room in the HIJ section vs. ABC.
Let me know if you have any additional questions!
Thanks so much. I will see if 29J is still available!
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: Waffle House DM
Thanks Noah95!

I had assumed the "missing" window still had a window in front of the blank - thanks for the confirmation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.