Wiki Posts
Search

63 sky priority passengers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
63 sky priority passengers

I'm boarding DL 1694 from BWI to ATL. There are 63 sky priority passengers and 71 on the upgrade list (after they cleared two people). All I can say is, way to thin the herd delta...

Last edited by berliner5000; Jan 15, 2015 at 4:33 pm Reason: Spelling mistake
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta Million Miler,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Delta Sky Club
Originally Posted by berliner5000
I'm boarding DL 1694 from BWI to ATL. There are 63 sky priority passengers and 71 on the upgrade list (after they cleared two people). All I can say is, way to thin the heard delta...
Its a bad time of year - even if the heard is thinning, they will still have status until February, add to it all the newly minted and...well... January and February are tough
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
When will people realize there's no "heard thinning"? ALL "enhancements" DL has implemented over the past months are designed with one solitary goal: extract more money from passengers while reducing cost of benefits provided.

Meanwhile, we all spend all of our energy arguing who's the specialest in DL's eye... ::
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
HERD !!!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
HERD !!!
Stampede when boarding is called?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Much to my wife's chagrin I like to moo while boarding.

As for the OP observation … report back in March when status update happen.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by akcae
When will people realize there's no "heard thinning"? ALL "enhancements" DL has implemented over the past months are designed with one solitary goal: extract more money from passengers while reducing cost of benefits provided.

Meanwhile, we all spend all of our energy arguing who's the specialest in DL's eye... ::
^^^ Well said.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Much to my wife's chagrin I like to moo while boarding.

As for the OP observation … report back in March when status update happen.
So you're cattle rather than a kettle?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Hah, on a flight from Atlanta to dfw there were at least 80. I was 86 or so on the upgrade list last year.

Had an ewr to DTW flight. 24 in f, 8 total in coach. Lol.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by maksimfa
Hah, on a flight from Atlanta to dfw there were at least 80. I was 86 or so on the upgrade list last year.

Had an ewr to DTW flight. 24 in f, 8 total in coach. Lol.
DL status?

Note that there could be 83 on the upgrade list but a much smaller number with SkyPriority, which requires a premium cabin seat or GM+ status.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
I'm boarding DL 1694 from BWI to ATL. There are 63 sky priority passengers and 71 on the upgrade list (after they cleared two people). All I can say is, way to thin the heard delta...
How do you know how many people are sky priority? The upgrade list just includes everybody who is eligible at all for an upgrade, including Silver Medallions and companions. There were 63 Gold or above on the flight but only 8 Silvers/companions?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
Originally Posted by Zeeb
How do you know how many people are sky priority? The upgrade list just includes everybody who is eligible at all for an upgrade, including Silver Medallions and companions. There were 63 Gold or above on the flight but only 8 Silvers/companions?
The gate agent said it to one of the FAs to let them know. There were 63 gm+ and 8 silvers in coach. This doesn't include the 2 people that cleared the upgrade list.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by akcae
I All I can say is, way to thin the herd delta...

These are odd things about which to complain. Shall we complain about the Roman Catholic Church calling upon people to pray regularly?

Finding out to extract money is what capitalist businesses do.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Stampedes are acceptable. Typos are acceptable. Consistent spelling errors are annoying.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL DM
I don't get "newly minted". All these people hit status last year. They had it before Jan 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.