Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

1 of only 2 passenger on aboard DL flight to LGA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond

First time I have flown on a Delta flight with just myself and my companion (on a CRJ700).
Flight was delayed (last flight out of YUL) so the few people who were on my flight moved to the JFK flight and we decided to stay on the LGA flight and therefore the only passengers, and what a great flight it was. Had so much fun with the flight attendants and taking lots of pics of the empty plane. I won't ever get close to flying the Delta Jet but this was the next best thing to a private jet experience.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
It is an interesting experience to be on nearly empty flights-

When I was about 15, I was the only passenger on a PanAm 707 or DC8 flying as a DL interchange from JAN-MSY. There had been weather the night before forcing lots of diversions and I was the only person who was up to get the first of the flights repositioning to where it was supposed to be
At the end of NW's last strike I was one of 5 or 6 passengers on a DC10 flying PHX-MSP.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Right after 9/11, I was on a very empty PMNW flight ORD-MSP.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
One of two (the other being my father) on a CLE-DTW Saab on NW, after a botched AF connection at CDG forced a rerouting CDG-JFK(overnight at JFK)-CLE-DTW.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:30 am

When I was flying CLT-LGA back in December, my flight happened to be delayed by 1 hour. Most passengers on my flight were rebooked on to the flight that left 1 hour before mine, but I was unable to make the earlier flight. As it turned out, there were a total of 15 passengers on my flight. And most of the passengers were either paid F or Medallions, so F was completely full and the first 2-3 rows of Y were also full, while the back was completely empty.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by nycflyer75
First time I have flown on a Delta flight with just myself and my companion (on a CRJ700).
Flight was delayed (last flight out of YUL) so the few people who were on my flight moved to the JFK flight and we decided to stay on the LGA flight and therefore the only passengers, and what a great flight it was. Had so much fun with the flight attendants and taking lots of pics of the empty plane. I won't ever get close to flying the Delta Jet but this was the next best thing to a private jet experience.
Notwithstanding....the upgrade did not clear
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: Enough
I was once on a KLM flight YYZ-AMS 747 where I was the only person in the back of the plane (150 or so seats). Best flight I've ever had... I made a pillow fort
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by durberville
I was once on a KLM flight YYZ-AMS 747 where I was the only person in the back of the plane (150 or so seats). Best flight I've ever had... I made a pillow fort
Yes please. Relive those childhood days with no one to judge.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: Former Diamond
Had this somewhat happen to me on an AS flight SJC-SEA

1 of 4 people... still wasn't upgraded (silver at the time)... wasn't even mad... had a whole row of 3 to sleep on since the flight was at 6am
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Never happened to me on DL, but I was the only person on a flight RIC-ORD (the day before thanksgiving, no less). I believe that was in 2006 on United.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Can't remember which airline, but I was the only passenger on a MKE-IND rj flight. No FA either so once the pilots closed the cockpit door, I didn't see another soul until we landed.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by bosman
Can't remember which airline, but I was the only passenger on a MKE-IND rj flight. No FA either so once the pilots closed the cockpit door, I didn't see another soul until we landed.
Sounds like a violation of 14 CFR 121.391.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: AS, DL, AA, UA, WN
My most "lonely" flights:

- 1 of 4 people on a UA 733 flying ORD-YYZ
- 1 of 5 people on a NW D94 flying ORD-DTW
- 1 of 7 people on a WN 73G flying MKE-STL
- 1 of 9 people in J on a KE 388

I was probably most isolated on the KE flight - the other 8 pax were all automatically assigned seats in Rows 7-10 (the forward cabin) by the airline, the entire middle cabin was empty, and I had pre-selected 22A in the rear cabin. The upper deck of a 388 is a lot of room for only a handful of people!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:56 am

WOW your really lucky. The most "lonely" flight i have been on was not so lonely lol as it was from LIM-ATL with Delta. Flight was supposed to leave at 1:20 am but left around 2:30 am. Had around 40 passengers on board. which is alot but the plain was bigger compared to the domestic ones.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by bosman
Originally Posted by javabytes
Sounds like a violation of 14 CFR 121.391.
Yeah, this sounds suspicious.

I had a NW connection flight (my 2nd commercial flight ever, at that) MQT-CMX where I was the only passenger, but the FA was still there and still did the safety presentation (just in case I was an FAA spy?).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.