Community
Wiki Posts
Search

after all, cannot book CZ/MU online?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

after all, cannot book CZ/MU online?

I have read posts talking about improved award booking experience on delta website, especially with the reintroduction of CZ/MU availability (that is, it was doable back in NW days). but I searched a wide variety of combinations today and found absolutely nothing for CZ/MU. and nothing for CI either, for the sake of completeness.

so what's happening? another "glitch"?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
One can see increased partner availability, but one has to call in to make the reservation.
Some of us have experienced this issue/ challenge since Jan 1,2015.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by dd1612
One can see increased partner availability, but one has to call in to make the reservation.
Some of us have experienced this issue/ challenge since Jan 1,2015.
What is this "increased partner availability" that you are talking of? I am 99.99% sure that the SkyTeam flight availability is the same how it's always been: if it is available at the standard level at the ST airline and if DL hasn't imposed blackout dates during that time for that airline, then it is available for booking via DL - i.e., same as it's always been. Just, of course, it may take several hours and multiple calls until you find a competent DL agent who knows how to do so and is willing to escalate the call multiple levels and jump through flaming hoops (also known as DeltaMatic, now more dumbed down than ever with the latest round of reservation system massive downgrade) to actually ticket it. That, and sometimes having to do long sell, and sometimes it taking several weeks (yes, weeks) to get it back as confirmed.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wlynnw
I have read posts talking about improved award booking experience on delta website, especially with the reintroduction of CZ/MU availability (that is, it was doable back in NW days). but I searched a wide variety of combinations today and found absolutely nothing for CZ/MU. and nothing for CI either, for the sake of completeness.

so what's happening? another "glitch"?
*deleted*

Last edited by JBJ2435; Jan 5, 2015 at 7:38 pm Reason: Wrong code
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
Try the 5 week calendar for one way using $, then hit the miles option. I just found multiple dates in biz LAX-FCO on CZ nonstop. Had to keep changing the month tho, but availability is there.
I am pretty sure that CZ only flies from LAX to its hub at CAN and not to FCO. Only AZ flies LAX-FCO.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RealHJ
I am pretty sure that CZ only flies from LAX to its hub at CAN and not to FCO. Only AZ flies LAX-FCO.
Oops meant AZ, sorry.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Booked CZ online January 1 for a flight end of March.

TUL-DTW-PEK-CAN-PNH

@ 70,000 Miles + $90.00 USD

...but no current availability for CZ online.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

not today... CZ/MU online booking functionality seems only alive for 1-2 days; then it just goes directly back to nothing-works.

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
Booked CZ online January 1 for a flight end of March.

TUL-DTW-PEK-CAN-PNH

@ 70,000 Miles + $90.00 USD

...but no current availability for CZ online.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

recovered your trick in the deleted post via the quoted text - but it did not work either. any idea?

Originally Posted by JBJ2435
*deleted*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.