Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more Thanks Again miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2014, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
No more Thanks Again miles

Got this email this morning:

Dear Thanks Again Member,

You may be aware that the Delta Air Lines® has announced significant changes to the SkyMiles® program.

One of the changes affects Thanks Again members directly.

Delta has chosen to reduce the number of “earn” partners.
This means that Thanks Again will no longer be able to purchase SkyMiles.

This decision impacts many other companies
– not just Thanks Again.

The points posted sporadically at times but it was nice to get miles for parking my car at the airport. So what is next, no more Dining for Miles?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: DL FO, Hertz #1 Gold
I guess, Delta has to have it's own back and stop making miles easy to earn for the non-status pax, so they can award those miles to people that spend the big bucks.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Another Dick (Anderson) move by DL.

I used this program. Admittedly, I wasn't collecting enough skypesos to matter, but I don't appreciate the additional kick in the pants.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by klashn
I guess, Delta has to have it's own back and stop making miles easy to earn for the non-status pax, so they can award those miles to people that spend the big bucks.
+1
Old Dec 24, 2014, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by klashn
If that's true then why will DMs on paid J earn less than the advertised 11 RDM/$, due to the cap of 75K RDM/ticket? That doesn't seem like rewarding people who spend the big bucks.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by HongKonger
If that's true then why will DMs on paid J earn less than the advertised 11 RDM/$, due to the cap of 75K RDM/ticket? That doesn't seem like rewarding people who spend the big bucks.
That's probably a rhetorical question, but I'll have a go at it:

Because FF programs, like any other business, aren't built on .0000001% exception scenarios. To be fair, people who run into that scenario often probably could care less about the skypesos they are (or aren't) receiving.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I had to double-check, but I'd already switched my Thanks Again earnings over to AS.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: Delta PM
I had never even heard of Thanks Again until this thread! Looks like I missed out on some earning opportunities this year. Oh well, I can't miss what I never had. RIP
Old Dec 24, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: DL DM 360, Qatar Plat, Etihad Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by HDQDD
That's probably a rhetorical question, but I'll have a go at it:

Because FF programs, like any other business, aren't built on .0000001% exception scenarios. To be fair, people who run into that scenario often probably could care less about the skypesos they are (or aren't) receiving.
I will respectfully disagree with you on that point as I do care about the miles and the cap will affect me every overseas trip I take since we buy refundable BE tickets. As the other poster said, if Delta really cared only about the high spender as the segment runners like to suggest, why cap it at 75,000? Instead, go unlimited and some of the people on here will likely buy more expensive tickets since they already will take away from their weekends to do MRs to earn some status on an airline that they think makes them valued.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
I had never even heard of Thanks Again until this thread! Looks like I missed out on some earning opportunities this year. Oh well, I can't miss what I never had. RIP
Please tell me you know about, Skymiles Dining, Crossover Rewards, Skybonus & Skymiles Shopping (if you want Skymiles that is - did I miss any?).
Old Dec 24, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Please tell me you know about, Skymiles Dining, Crossover Rewards, Skybonus & Skymiles Shopping (if you want Skymiles that is - did I miss any?).
Yep, I'm aware of all those although I'm not doing anything with Skybonus currently. Thank you for the rundown!
Old Dec 25, 2014, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by MLCJ
I will respectfully disagree with you on that point as I do care about the miles and the cap will affect me every overseas trip I take since we buy refundable BE tickets. As the other poster said, if Delta really cared only about the high spender as the segment runners like to suggest, why cap it at 75,000? Instead, go unlimited and some of the people on here will likely buy more expensive tickets since they already will take away from their weekends to do MRs to earn some status on an airline that they think makes them valued.
Not to pick, but because I'm curious: how many miles do you get today from one of those itins under the current program? That's the scenario I haven't really seen discussed here.

I wouldn't be surprised if DL later changes the 75k cap to say 100k after they have some data on how the program's working.

"Segment runners", that's a good one. I guess that's all of us that don't live in a hub.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.