Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Changes to BE (new "Delta One") meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to BE (new "Delta One") meal service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Check the fine print at the bottom of post 41.

I have come to agree with those who are curious about why the OP will not declare his routing.
Oh I see now the fine print on 41 and 42. I must say that I never noticed that before.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by RealHJ
It is confirmed (by first hand experiences) and so confirmed by others in the thread who have experienced the same new Delta One service level. How can it be not confirmed or speculation when it is based on multiple pax multiple experiences over the last few weeks? (Speculation would be something that someone heard from some "FA friend" or something, but have no real direct knowledge or experience of.) The only problem is a few miscreants who keep hijacking the thread to take attention away from the new DeltaOne meal service issue and put it onto their antics instead (such as registering multiple usernames and then posting and agreeing with themselves under different duplicate identities, and the others who are just trolling and whose only purpose on FT seems to be to interrupt the forum and try to stop discussion and data gathering, sharing their experiences, by others).
There is no confirmation. Your refusal to have an honest discussion precludes that.

Clearly, you are hiding something. The question is whether you are trying to cast changes in limited markets as being broader than they are, or if you are simply making everything up. I'm guessing it is mostly exaggeration.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Dovster
TLV-JFK, flown this morning, BE meals were no different than in the past.
let me throw in, ATL to DXB on Wednesday. BE meal was complete, just what you would expect. Mods, time to lock this senseless thread!
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
We know that the TH3 crowd believes that the front cabin will be transformed into Heaven on Earth as soon as the scurrilous UG crowd is banished.

And, we know that VA Ave wants to achieve a state where 75 to 80% of the front cabin tickets are purchased.

Perhaps cutting back on front cabin amenities (whether it be BE or not) is VA Ave's forward-thinking concept of how to incentivize that growth in front cabin sales that they and the TH3 crowd are so desirous of.
I plead ignorance what is TH3
Old Dec 27, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
SEA LHR and back on Dec 20 and 24 was normal as well.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why are you suggesting to lock the thread? Let people add data points and then we will see whether there is a pattern.
It is confirmed (by first hand experiences) and so confirmed by others in the thread who have experienced the same new Delta One service level.
I just re-read the thread. No one (other than you) relates any "first hand experiences." No one has even experienced the "new Delta One service level" as it has not been implemented yet. People have described a well known different level of service in the so-called "beach market" and have speculated that is what you flew, but you refuse (despite over 10 requests) to identify your route. What's the point of a thread that has hundreds of data points saying "BE service was the same on my flight." I'd feel differently if (a) there was one other person confirming the OP's story; and/or (b) the OP would give us flight details.

the others who are just trolling and whose only purpose on FT seems to be to interrupt the forum and try to stop discussion and data gathering, sharing their experiences, by others).
"Discussion" and "data gathering" of what? Something no one but you have reported? Your supposed "experience" (what has caused this whole discussion) is based on an experience and related hearsay that not one other person has confirmed in any regard whatsoever. And it can't be vetted because you withhold the "data" that would prove it true or false or something other than what you reported.

I know who I believe is trolling.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 10:08 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by vbjd1111
I just re-read the thread. No one (other than you) relates any "first hand experiences." No one has even experienced the "new Delta One service level" as it has not been implemented yet.
I believe one person has reported the same thing as the OP (see post #40 of this thread) on a NRT-HNL flight.

At this point, I believe it's fair to conclude that the "abbreviated" BE service as described by the OP can be found only on the Hawaii-Japan flights, as Delta considers these as beach market routes, with not enough paid premium traffic to justify a more elaborate service.

There are NO CHANGES to all other BE routes from the Mainland USA to Europe, Africa, Middle East, 'deep' South America, and Asia (maybe except for the oft-reported HND ones).
Old Dec 27, 2014, 10:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by vbjd1111
I just re-read the thread. No one (other than you) relates any "first hand experiences." No one has even experienced the "new Delta One service level" as it has not been implemented yet. People have described a well known different level of service in the so-called "beach market" and have speculated that is what you flew, but you refuse (despite over 10 requests) to identify your route. What's the point of a thread that has hundreds of data points saying "BE service was the same on my flight." I'd feel differently if (a) there was one other person confirming the OP's story; and/or (b) the OP would give us flight details.

"Discussion" and "data gathering" of what? Something no one but you have reported? Your supposed "experience" (what has caused this whole discussion) is based on an experience and related hearsay that not one other person has confirmed in any regard whatsoever. And it can't be vetted because you withhold the "data" that would prove it true or false or something other than what you reported.

I know who I believe is trolling.
Thank you for putting into words what I was too lazy to do. You have captured the problem with the OP very well.

FT should shut this thread down. The OP refuses to post the route. The OP deliberately is vague. And then the OP lies about support in the thread that doesn't exist. We shouldn't have to wade through piles of BS to get to something useful. And having the OP flat-out lie about what other people said in this thread is just too much.

The OP has a right to his opinions. I'm even okay with the OP making up stories and posting them. The OP does not have the right to lie about what fellow FTers said in a thread. Close the thread.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: DL DM
CONFIRMED: Simplified BE service ONLY on Hawaii-Japan flights and a FEW interport routes (GUM/ROR). The first will be as the OP described of a simplified dessert service. The latter will be a replacement of hot entrée in coach with cold entrée and snack box. THIS WILL NOT AFFECT Delta One Long Haul Routes and will only affect the "beach" market flights. Sorry to the OP and the 3GG crowd that jumped on this so fast, but you are wrong.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:40 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Thanks bubbashow for the clarification and to the OP for the apology. Now that all of the doubts and questions have been resolved, it is time to put this thread to rest.
Happy New Year,
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.