Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Survey to the Wrong Email Address

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Survey to the Wrong Email Address

The email address is my profile at Delta.com is [email protected]. And I get plenty of Delta email to that address.

Today, I get an email survey link from Delta asking me to comment on Monday's flight. It was not spam as I did fly on Monday between the two mentioned cities.

The trouble is that the email was sent to my office ([email protected]). The address is not in my profile and I don't remember ever giving it to Delta, although I may have 5, 10 years ago. I've always tried to keep my freq flyer stuff to my personal email as (1) it is not the company's business (2) it stays with me if I change jobs (3) there is always a lot of offers and such associated with these accounts.

So the question is why did this happen and how do I prevent it in the future? Has something similar happened to anyone else? From a privacy viewpoint, I'm very upset about it.

I do have a note into Delta but it is too soon to have heard back from them.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Does your company use SkyBonus and might you be listed there?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by exiled2tx
The email address is my profile at Delta.com is [email protected]. And I get plenty of Delta email to that address.

Today, I get an email survey link from Delta asking me to comment on Monday's flight. It was not spam as I did fly on Monday between the two mentioned cities.

The trouble is that the email was sent to my office ([email protected]). The address is not in my profile and I don't remember ever giving it to Delta, although I may have 5, 10 years ago. I've always tried to keep my freq flyer stuff to my personal email as (1) it is not the company's business (2) it stays with me if I change jobs (3) there is always a lot of offers and such associated with these accounts.

So the question is why did this happen and how do I prevent it in the future? Has something similar happened to anyone else? From a privacy viewpoint, I'm very upset about it.

I do have a note into Delta but it is too soon to have heard back from them.
Here is a guess. If you made the reservation online and manually put in a different email address than was stored in your profile, that could be the reason. If I make a reservation for someone else and put in my email address for the confirmation, I will also get any followup emails for that PNR (like confirmations, schedule changes and surveys).
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL DM; UA PS; Marriott Platinum; SPG Platinum
I really think the OP should request SM for this one. I am thinking at least 15K.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:21 pm

Delta knows everything about us. I find that if I put a shield made of Reynolds wrap over my computer it prevents this kind of thing.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by flyerslc
Delta knows everything about us. I find that if I put a shield made of Reynolds wrap over my computer it prevents this kind of thing.
I'm afraid with the advent of wifi that's no longer sufficient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.