Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barcelona VIP Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Barcelona VIP Lounge

Hello everyone, I am flying FLL-ATL-BCN (Barcelona) Business Elite in June 2015. I have never been to Barcelona before therefore I had some questions regarding the lounge

More specifically, I see it is not Delta's but instead "Sala Miró" a third party lounge, thus I want to make sure my ticket will still allow me access. My sales Representative was certain, however, you can never be too careful. My ticket is a Business Elite class ticket. I paid cash for it, didnt use miles, credits or anything.

Also, what kind of amenities does it offer? ie Food, Drinks, wifi? How does it compare to JFK and ATL's Skyclub Lounges?

Thanks.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's a shared contract lounge, IIRC more or less operated by the BCN airport rather than a non partner airline or some ground handling company. It should be the one in the area for flights departing to the USA, versus other lounges in the area for schengen flights.

I've only used the schengen version of this lounge. I remember decent beverages including espresso and cava and pretty good cold food. The furnishings and design were stylish but it seemed comfortable.

I would think that a revenue BE ticket would be pretty secure for lounge access at an airport like BCN, but you should ask at the check in counter. Sometimes third party lounges require invitation cards rather than just showing your boarding pass and photo ID.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The contract lounge in BCN is basically like a skyclub, but with a little better beverage selection. Its not a great lounge, but certainly not a dumpy place. I'd say its on par with the skyclubs. Yes your BE ticket gets you access. The lounge is located just after security upstairs from the concourse.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 5:21 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Anything is better then the sky clubs (selection wise) so don't worry about that
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
J ticket gets you into the club. It is a 3rd party run place but an OK place to hang out waiting on your flight.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA G, Marriot Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I think I was there in winter 2012 (so YMMV) and in the morning. The lounge is right after clearing non-Schengen "exiting Spain" immigration. Had a small selection of pastries/yogurts, juices, and coffee/tea. Didn't scope out the alcohol selection. They also had wifi. It's similar to one of the nicer SCs stateside in layout.

I got in as a DM/STE+ as did my (non-status) companion.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:08 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
I haven't been in the BCN lounge for international flights, but I have been in the BCN lounge for Schengen flights. I believe the airport operates both. It had a decent selection of wine and cava. Plentiful juice and bottled water. Cold salads and sandwiches, plus bread and pastries as well. There was also a shower room. My only complaint was it didn't provide wifi, but rather only used the 15 minutes free wifi provided by the airport.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gator21
J ticket gets you into the club. It is a 3rd party run place but an OK place to hang out waiting on your flight.
Ticket isnt "J" class its actually "Z"

I did a little research on the class differences and I dont see any difference between J and Z except for mileage earned. Am I correct?

Also, how do you purchase J instead of Z? I didnt have an option to chose online when I paid for ticket
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Garavar
Ticket isnt "J" class its actually "Z"

I did a little research on the class differences and I dont see any difference between J and Z except for mileage earned. Am I correct?

Also, how do you purchase J instead of Z? I didnt have an option to chose online when I paid for ticket
'J' stands for Business in general and not just the booking class. If you really want full J which will be extremely expensive, you can certainly specify this on delta.com or just ask your TA to book you into full fare J. Other than more RDMs and MQD there is no benefit to buying J over a discounted business fare
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
FULL J is last seat availability with no restrictions, fully refundable without a fee, at least in most markets. To buy one, do advanced search by fare class or check the fully refundable box, although IIRC there might be C class tickets in some markets that are also fully refundable.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, thats okay, ill stick to my Z class fare so long as I get the same unrestricted access as J. Dont care about the extra miles.

Thanks again
Old Nov 29, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold
Was in the Sala Pau Casals at bcn this morning. Much better (free) drink and snack (they have ice cream) selection than any skyclub. Also pretty quiet and stylish. I would assume the non schengen side is the same.

As mentioned by others the wifi situation is kind of lame.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Garavar
Thanks everyone, thats okay, ill stick to my Z class fare so long as I get the same unrestricted access as J. Dont care about the extra miles.

Thanks again
Bear in Mind J is $11500 whereas Z is only $4400

Z = 22,000 miles to 48,400 miles depending on your elite status
J = 57,500 miles to 75,000 miles depending on your elite status

So with J you are paying $7,100 for a maximum of 35,500 extra miles (~$400 value!)

If you buy two J one ways it will cost $14,500 but you could get 150,000 miles if you are Diamond - again a very expensive way to buy miles
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by twohundredfifty
Was in the Sala Pau Casals at bcn this morning. Much better (free) drink and snack (they have ice cream) selection than any skyclub. Also pretty quiet and stylish. I would assume the non schengen side is the same.

As mentioned by others the wifi situation is kind of lame.
Agreed, this is a nice lounge and much better than all domestic Sky Clubs.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, great replies and great forum!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.