Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club and "The Faded Beer Brand"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
Originally Posted by OHDL1
Can't find where it's mentioned...but, didn't DL start offering some "craft" brews starting Dec 1st?
I was told that on the eastern shuttle...BluePoint and Newburyport would be offered.
Transcon would have Brooklyn Brewery and Ballast Point. The western shuttle (LAX/SFO) would have Lagunitas and Stone.
Can anyone verify any of that?
If that's true, what a great thing!
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by koreanair720
Or how about this: I like both. Each has its place and time. On a hot summer's day, a Bud hits the spot. Other times I do want something almost offensively hoppy. It's not the either-or proposition that many posters here imply it to be...
Agreed. I drink the spectrum too. Sometimes I want a craft beer, sometimes I want a 'Gansett.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:17 am

Oh, it is clear.

Originally Posted by KeepClimbingDick
WSJ article:Bud Crowded Out By Craft Beer Craze

http://online.wsj.com/articles/budwe...&mg=reno64-wsj

Interesting statistics and demographics. It's obvious the core market of the Budweiser brand is not the same as the Sky Club target. It seems that Delta continues to struggle executing a clear, consistent marketing strategy-- in this case, a product offering not matched to Sky Club demographics as well as mixed messages around luxury and exclusiveness (not news).
It is very clear re the SC marketing plan. They offer no-cost Bud because it is cheap. If one wants good stuff, give 'em your credit card.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"… Albert Einstein
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by layz
Those who like beer are often complaining on the BA forum about the variety of beer (although European generic lagers beat US ones!). London Pride is available in the lounges but in a lounge they could do a whole lot more. Even a guest beer they change every month would add some variety. BA must spend a small fortune on wines and spirits but still largely neglect the beer drinker.

On short haul flights London Pride is considered premium and so is only offered (officially) in Club Europe (business class), which means no London Pride on a domestic flight as they're all single class! Even in Club Europe there's only 2-4 cans stocked so isn't fun if someone else is also drinking it.
At least it is better than in some of the PP lounges where the only beer is Carlsberg...
Old Dec 2, 2014, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by SCEflyer
Slightly OT, but several of us toured the new Sierra Nevada brewery in Mills River, NC last week. It is located about 2 - 3 miles from the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL). If you are in the area and have a few hours to kill, it is a worthwhile experience. My wife, who is not a beer fan, found it to be time well spent, and she even enjoyed several of the beers offered on the complimentary eight beer flight.
I'm doing the 3-hour "Beer Geek" tour at the Sierra Nevada mothership in Chico later this month. Really looking forward to it.

I visited Sierra Nevada (Chico) for the first time last month and was very favorably impressed. I don't drink a lot of SN beer right now-- I'm mainly an IPA guy-- though I do enjoy a nice cold SNPA from time to time.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz 5*, SPG
Originally Posted by FlyingWithers
It is very clear re the SC marketing plan. They offer no-cost Bud because it is cheap. If one wants good stuff, give 'em your credit card.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"… Albert Einstein

Sad thing is that even the beers you can pay for in SC aren't very good. I would happily pay a few bucks if the options were decent
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by OHDL1
Can't find where it's mentioned...but, didn't DL start offering some "craft" brews starting Dec 1st?
I was told that on the eastern shuttle...BluePoint and Newburyport would be offered.
Transcon would have Brooklyn Brewery and Ballast Point. The western shuttle (LAX/SFO) would have Lagunitas and Stone.
Can anyone verify any of that?
It's in the December SKY magazine "5 things to know about Delta this month" (point 3) page 15 and page 178 "eat and drinks" featured beverages: craft beers involved with route cards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.