Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to DL program, need help.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:34 am
Original Poster

New to DL program, need help.

I have 30 K MQM this year ( all from credit card sign up bonus), but I neither spend 2.5k on the airfares nor 25 k on my credit card. I barely know about the "rolling mileage"( if that is the correct name for this). I was wondering how many MQM I will have for 2015? 0 or 5000 or 30 K? Thank you for any help!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you don't satisfy the requirements for at least Silver status by the end of 2014, you will get no rollover MQMs. This means you will have nothing but your redeemable miles if you don't meet either the MQD requirement ($2500) or the DL AmEx waiver ($25,000 spend) by the end of the year.

So far there's been no indication that DL will sell "MQD credits."
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:40 am

CC sign up bonuses are typically only Redeemable miles (RDM) not medallion qualifying miles (MQM)

So for MQM you will probably start Jan 1 at 0.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kop84
CC sign up bonuses are typically only Redeemable miles (RDM) not medallion qualifying miles (MQM)

Not so; it depends on the color of the card and the promos they're offering for the welcome bonus miles.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kop84

I applied the Plat. DL CC, the bonus was 30K miles plus 15K MQMs, somehow AMEX doubled my bonus, so i got 60K miles and 30K MQMs for open the account. 150 AF and 100 credits. too bad I did not put my spend on this credit, all on my CSP.....
Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by cubachao
I applied the Plat. DL CC, the bonus was 30K miles plus 15K MQMs, somehow AMEX doubled my bonus, so i got 60K miles and 30K MQMs for open the account. 150 AF and 100 credits. too bad I did not put my spend on this credit, all on my CSP.....
That's a lot of MQMs to lose/waste, but if they're all from a credit card signup and you don't fly DL, why do you want the status or care about rollover?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That's a lot of MQMs to lose/waste, but if they're all from a credit card signup and you don't fly DL, why do you want the status or care about rollover?
I have a big spending come soon next year, about 50k dollars. I want to take some advantages since plat card can get 20k MQM after 50K spending. If I can nothing MQM in 2015, I am gonna move my spend on my CSP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.