Wiki Posts
Search

Your favorite Sky Club?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta FO
Your favorite Sky Club?

Mine is Narita. Dumplings, sushi rolls, French red wine, yummy soup. Just thought I'd try to start a positive thread about Delta
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:22 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Narita is definitely the best. After that, maybe Santiago.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Another vote for Narita. We arrive at the airport several hours early just to hang out there.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
As far as atmosphere goes I'd say CVG, MIA, and MCO are nice. JAX is small but is usually nice and quiet whenever I've been there.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:03 am

Programs: DL DM
I would have to say Santiago. Not too crowded, good food and great wine.

Last edited by Mowcheeba; Nov 19, 2014 at 4:12 am
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
I created a similar post to this about 12 years ago titled "favorite / worst crown room clubs" in the old forum. An interesting read if you can find it in search. About 200 posts I think.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
On the domestic side, definitely anything that carries the former Northwest motif (like MSP-C or High/Low A at DTW). BOS is also very high on my list - the agents there are the best!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: Delta DM
Anyone ever experienced the Sky View Lounge at Singapore Changi? I'm looking at possibly doing a last minute MR and with only 6 hours (ish) at the airport and a hotel is obviously out of the question. It says they have showers there too which would be a plus! Any help/advice is much appreciated! Oh, and the Sky Club at the F gates in ATL is really nice!

OPS
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
The DTW clubs at the North or South Tram stations - on a quiet, midweek evening, as the sun is starting set on the horizon, grab a drink & snack and a quiet seat by the windows and watching the aircraft movements outside.

The ORD club is pretty nice, again when its quiet.

While the former NW clubs in my opinion still the nicest in the system, of the former DL clubs my pick goes to CVG or BNA.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles PM, AA ExPlat, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
JFK T4 when the weather is nice! Love the SkyDeck. Throw in a bottle of Veuve Clicquot (yeah, it's not cheap, but is worth it), and I am a very happy camper.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:47 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I always thought the MCO lounge was nice with the wicker furniture. I haven't been there in years so I don't know if it is still like that.

The RDU club is nice when not crowded. MSP C is probably my favorite domestic club if you can find it on an uncrowded day (rarely). I love the changing room there.

View from the SEA club is pretty nice but otherwise that club is unremarkable.

Internationally, NRT is a winner IMO. The SkyTeam lounge at LHR is pretty nice too.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
+1 on the Sky Deck at JFK T4 on a nice day (if it's not too crowded). I also like HNL -- small but nice if you can grab a seat by the window looking out onto the gardens.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Stuttgart is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(j/k)
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Call me crazy - but because of its location, even though it is cramped I love Honolulu Skyclub.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Call me crazy - but because of its location, even though it is cramped I love Honolulu Skyclub.
Yes, you are crazy...but completely understandable that it's the location that makes you crazy. The area where the club is situated, however, is one of the most pleasant of the SCs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.