Wiki Posts
Search

Jaguars to London

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Jaguars to London

Jacksonville Jaguars playing in London today. How did they get there I do not see DL 8866 operating on flight aware from JAX.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
VS has been handling all the London charters this year for the NFL.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Yes, NFL jerseys all over London today...ack...

There were jerseys from ALL sorts of teams. As an American I naturally noticed, sighed, and caught the train home.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Originally Posted by mersk862
VS has been handling all the London charters this year for the NFL.
Thought the Falcons took a BA 744. I speculated that DL did not have any F seats or not enough J for a TATL trip with a 53 player professional sports team.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by turkeyRIOO
Thought the Falcons took a BA 744. I speculated that DL did not have any F seats or not enough J for a TATL trip with a 53 player professional sports team.
I know I saw VS advertising for Dallas recently.

Also seen here: http://nesn.com/2014/11/tony-romo-di...ght-to-london/
Old Nov 9, 2014, 2:12 pm

I don't believe that NFL player contracts require FC air travel on team charters.

Here is a case in point. US Airways Flight 9098, using an A321 is set to depart EWR for PIT in about an hour from now, probably flying the Steelers back to PIT after today's loss to the Jets. Although I don't know the exact number of FC seats on this A312, it is safe to state that it is well < 53.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 2:31 pm

Dallas Cowboys took VS A340-600
Old Nov 9, 2014, 5:20 pm

On the outbound the Falcons flew on VS 9938 operated by G-VGAS (346). They played at the Ravens on Oct. 19 and then flew BWI-LGW.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by rwoman
Yes, NFL jerseys all over London today...ack...

There were jerseys from ALL sorts of teams. As an American I naturally noticed, sighed, and caught the train home.
Why the consternation?
Old Nov 9, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Originally Posted by langleyoaker
On the outbound the Falcons flew on VS 9938 operated by G-VGAS (346). They played at the Ravens on Oct. 19 and then flew BWI-LGW.
Interesting, I saw a BA 744 at ATL on 10/22 at 5pm. I just assumed it was taking the Falcons overseas. It must have been a fan charter as the daily 772 also flew on 10/22.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emrdoc
Why the consternation?
Just my general disdain for football.

Just never been a fan despite so many obsessive fans amongst my friends and family. Living in the UK, I get to avoid much of the Sunday madness...apart from those on Facebook.

Old Nov 10, 2014, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Jacksonville Jaguars playing in London today. How did they get there I do not see DL 8866 operating on flight aware from JAX.
After they played the Bengals...they rented out a restaurant in CVG. Then after dinner...they flew VS from CVG to LON. No DL charter this time.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Here's an album of the Cowboys' flight to London. You can see that most of the players are in coach although Romo and Witten scored J seats. I wonder if Romo played the sore back excuse?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.