Search

lounge in bucharest

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 10:05 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
lounge in bucharest

Can i access it with sky team elite plus and coach on klm?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 10:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Have you tried to look it up on the KLM or SkyTeam website? Is there a partner lounge?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:34 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Yes (At least as STE+ on Delta) - Normally when you check in at OTP (in Sky Priority lane) they give you the invitation card for the lounge. It is the Tarom business lounge on the 2nd level (up the escalator). - I think there is second lounge there too - but have not used that one.

Problem I find with OTP is that is difficult to check in more than one hour before your flight (either with KLM or AF).

Small though the lounge is there is normally a good selection of snacks and beverages.
(And if you are a smoker - there is a smoking section in there).
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:05 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
OTP lounge trivia : They use the "old" Delta BusinessElite plates in the lounge. I guess, left-over from when Delta had JFK-OTP-JFK service. I took a picture the last time I was there in April.

Not sure about FlyerBrit's mention of trouble checking in early. There are many KLM flights (I don't know about AF personally). We were on a 17:00'ish flight OTP-AMS, so we could have easily arrived hours in advance (if we desired), which we did not. (IIRC, there are 3-4 KLM flights OTP-AMS)

Perhaps, his/her reference is to the first flight of the day. (I'm not a fan of early flights).
Old Nov 2, 2014, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by baccarat_king

Not sure about FlyerBrit's mention of trouble checking in early. There are many KLM flights (I don't know about AF personally).

Perhaps, his/her reference is to the first flight of the day. (I'm not a fan of early flights).
Certainly true for first flights of the day - but even for later flights, the departures board shows when flight is available for checking in, and flights only check in one hour prior to scheduled departure.

I have not tried (or been early enough) to check in during the previous flight process - but all other times there is not anyone present at the desks until check in time.

Not tried "online check in" - but do not think that would solve the issue with checked bags.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 10:48 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

I am actually connecting there and from there flying onwards with taRom which might make this more complicated
Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by FlyerBrit
Certainly true for first flights of the day - but even for later flights, the departures board shows when flight is available for checking in, and flights only check in one hour prior to scheduled departure.

I have not tried (or been early enough) to check in during the previous flight process - but all other times there is not anyone present at the desks until check in time.

Not tried "online check in" - but do not think that would solve the issue with checked bags.
perhaps, I never arrive that early [I tend to try to minimize airport time]

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
I am actually connecting there and from there flying onwards with taRom which might make this more complicated
In April I had access to the lounge. I was Platinum Medallion SkyTeam Elite + in April flying KLM in Y. It is definitely a partner lounge, but perhaps, since it's SkyTeam that is why I had access. I seem to recall there was a "pass" at check-in. I'll look to see if I took a picture, or made reference to it.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 5:47 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

How would I get a pass if my first flight is in Amsterdam and not Bucharest...
Old Nov 5, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Good question if your flight is originating in AMS. Maybe if you show your DL card, they will let you in? Assuming you are DM/STE+ as your profile suggests of course.

OTP is usually an O&D for me so I use the lounge every time I fly out (at least once a year). They usually give me a voucher/pass when I check in at the desk.

There is no real difference between the Tarom Lounge and the Business lounge on the other side. I've used both and I felt like they were almost identical.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
How would I get a pass if my first flight is in Amsterdam and not Bucharest...
Never used OTP as connecting airport, but if like most then you will have to clear customs and passport control before your domestic connection as OTP being your point of entry into Ro.

If you go through baggage claim/customs you will no longer be air-side and need to go to the departures hall and back through security line etc. So you could visit the check-in desk and maybe get a lounge pass there.

I just do not recall seeing any signs for 'connecting flights' after deplaning at OTP.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by NYCflip
Good question if your flight is originating in AMS. Maybe if you show your DL card, they will let you in? Assuming you are DM/STE+ as your profile suggests of course.

OTP is usually an O&D for me so I use the lounge every time I fly out (at least once a year). They usually give me a voucher/pass when I check in at the desk.

There is no real difference between the Tarom Lounge and the Business lounge on the other side. I've used both and I felt like they were almost identical.
I agree with showing your card (Delta SkyClub or SkyTeam Elite+ credentials), since it's a Tarom Lounge and they are SkyTeam.

But, the lounge isn't nice enough for one to bother using as an arrivals lounge, IMO.

Unfortunately, I can't speak to connections.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 8:17 am

Looking back on the OP.

Was under the assumption that onward journey was international destination. Would appear now that it is domestic.

The rules for lounge access for STE+ members say that you need international connection/BP, so in this case OP will not have lounge access in OTP (there are serveal threads IIRC regarding similar situations in AMS)
Old Nov 6, 2014, 9:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
But, the lounge isn't nice enough for one to bother using as an arrivals lounge, IMO.
+1

Was just in OTP, and I can attest to this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.