Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Just how much do DL CSR's know about us?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just how much do DL CSR's know about us?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by rylan
I do that to see if/when there is a difference in price and options that the search engine presents.
Does that happen a lot?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Its been reported on here several times over the past couple years. I personally haven't seen it in a while for prices.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:33 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Earlier this year during the winter storms affecting JFK flights, I had to deal with a customer service agent who didn't want to rebook me despite having my flight cancelled and an alternate flight without connecting through JFK. At the end of the call, the agent asked if there was anything else she could help me with, I said "No" and hung up while she was doing her "thank you for being a silver medallion blah blah" speech. After sorthing things out at the airport, the check-in agent told me "Looks like you hung up on the telephone agent"... So yeah, they add info to our record, for good or for bad.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by B7e7US
Earlier this year during the winter storms affecting JFK flights, I had to deal with a customer service agent who didn't want to rebook me despite having my flight cancelled and an alternate flight without connecting through JFK. At the end of the call, the agent asked if there was anything else she could help me with, I said "No" and hung up while she was doing her "thank you for being a silver medallion blah blah" speech. After sorthing things out at the airport, the check-in agent told me "Looks like you hung up on the telephone agent"... So yeah, they add info to our record, for good or for bad.
Which basically means that no matter how surly or incompetent the agent is, we, the customer, need to be on our best behavior, else something could get noted in our "record"...and those notes are by definition one-sided.

And DL's increasing rules complexity, bad IT (and lack of tools like EF), and perhaps bad training are just making this worse.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:43 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Which basically means that no matter how surly or incompetent the agent is, we, the customer, need to be on our best behavior, else something could get noted in our "record"...and those notes are by definition one-sided.

And DL's increasing rules complexity, bad IT (and lack of tools like EF), and perhaps bad training are just making this worse.
I agree. We are basically at the mercy of the agents.

I think the agent should have put as well "Customer waited 3 hours on the line before I was able to answer his call".
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:09 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by FlyingDL4Fun
I think a lot of people do this, but the previous comment about a CSR seeing your online activity is even more disturbing....

How many people search for awards, fares, deals, etc, without signing into their account or using a privacy setting or multiple different browsers so that Delta.com can not use our information against us by increasing fares to what we're "willing to pay" etc.?

Am I paranoid?
I never log in until I'm ready to buy.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by B7e7US
Wow! Once again, Laugh-In was ahead of its time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIOogEaO3Hc
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: DL DM - AA 1.6MM UA 1.2MM - Recovering UA UGS and AA CK - Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by HongKonger
I never log in until I'm ready to buy.
Unless you use an entirely different browser, use a "private browsing" feature or clear your cookies before every search, it doesn't matter if you are logged in or not. If you were the last person to log in with that browser, they know it's you.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ChicagoPlanesTrains
Unless you use an entirely different browser, use a "private browsing" feature or clear your cookies before every search, it doesn't matter if you are logged in or not. If you were the last person to log in with that browser, they know it's you.
Very true. I don't let DL give me cookies, except Dancing Deer on board.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Very true. I don't let DL give me cookies, except Dancing Deer on board.
Won't stop your session from being tracked on the server end.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:38 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Waaaaay back in the days of the Red Planes, I'm sure many of you remember . . . .

I called up once about a ticket I had just purchased. I don't remember the exact details, but the conversation went something like this:

Me: Hi, this is DaveTravels calling. Do you have a list of my current trips.

Agent: Yes, I do! Can I help you?

Me: Do you see the trip that I just purchased?

Agent: Yes, and I see a LOT of trips you were shopping for, but DIDN'T PURCHASE!!!

I was SHOCKED!!

Is it possible that NW had a more up-to-date, and futuristic IT system than DL currently has?????
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
DL, just like AA, UA and any other self-respecting customer-facing organization, collects, analyzes and spits back information. Your spending habits, who pays for your travel, whether you can pay for premium cabin and so on.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by javabytes
Won't stop your session from being tracked on the server end.
Session, yes.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Often1
DL, just like AA, UA and any other self-respecting customer-facing organization, collects, analyzes and spits back information. Your spending habits, who pays for your travel, whether you can pay for premium cabin and so on.
Wasn't there a story a while back about Target stores having so much customer purchase data that they were able to guess to a shocking degree of accuracy that a person was pregnant before even she knew for herself?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
Wasn't there a story a while back about Target stores having so much customer purchase data that they were able to guess to a shocking degree of accuracy that a person was pregnant before even she knew for herself?
Yes, yes there was:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/ma...pagewanted=all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.