Wiki Posts
Search

Did Delta upgrade service MSP-CMH?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Did Delta upgrade service MSP-CMH?

I was searching for tickets next April a couple of weeks ago and only found one nonstop a day on a CRJ 200. I just searched today and am seeing several non stops a day and some of them on mainline craft and most of them on a/c with first class cabins, but also see that this service is available this fall as well.

I'm wondering if I was running into a IT glitch---I tried searching several days in a row hoping for a lower fare and kept only finding that one flight for about $1K r/t---or if DL added a bunch of new service to CMH after the United pullout and did not make noise about it?

In any case, I am please with the amount of non stops available.^^
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, I don't believe there have been any upgrades to service. Delta recently overhauled the website and now appears to display all the non-stop's on the first page (even if they are more expensive). I'm guessing you are searching for a mid-week trip. It's cheaper to do a broken fare via DTW or ATL for such trips and I believe that DL would order more strictly by price in the previous incarnation. So the non-stop's would appear on later pages (if at all) when searching by price.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by LBJ
No, I don't believe there have been any upgrades to service. Delta recently overhauled the website and now appears to display all the non-stop's on the first page (even if they are more expensive). I'm guessing you are searching for a mid-week trip. It's cheaper to do a broken fare via DTW or ATL for such trips and I believe that DL would order more strictly by price in the previous incarnation. So the non-stop's would appear on later pages (if at all) when searching by price.
When I did the search I checked the box on the side for non stops only, so I was looking at a screen that was only showing 1 flight per day.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
When I did the search I checked the box on the side for non stops only, so I was looking at a screen that was only showing 1 flight per day.
Other than Saturdays, I can't imagine DL having less than 4-5 flights/day on MSP-CMH. Sounds like a fluke or maybe you were searching during a schedule load.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA G, Marriot Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LBJ
Other than Saturdays, I can't imagine DL having less than 4-5 flights/day on MSP-CMH. Sounds like a fluke or maybe you were searching during a schedule load.
Agreed.

I flew CMH-MSP and MSP-CMH back in September. MSP-CMH early Friday AM was on a CRJ/DL connection carrier. CMH-MSP Monday night was on a mainline MD-88. On both days, there were multiple options on DL to/from MSP. Can't remember the mix of MD/CRJ, as I had specific arrival/departure windows.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
I regularly fly out of CMH and often to or through MSP. DL has about 4 to 6 (depending upon time of year) directs on this route. Some mainline, some connection carrier. Unfortunately I continue to see the CRJ 100 and 200 on this route for a couple of the legs.

It seems like DL has dumped the CRJ 100 and 200 to the greater Midwest area as I don't see them on the west or east coast much anymore. Sad to think that to fly to a major "Hub" you have to take a CRJ 100 / 200. Check out Dayton, they still have only CRJ 100/200 access to DTW and MSP. And the "focus" city CVG which has LOTS of 100/200s.

Sad to think they are still flying these pieces of #@%&$!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
CMH-MSP is usually a mix of RJs and typically one 320/M88/M90/738 a day, though the route has actually seen multiple A320s a day over the last couple of months.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by DL Platinum
I regularly fly out of CMH and often to or through MSP. DL has about 4 to 6 (depending upon time of year) directs on this route. Some mainline, some connection carrier. Unfortunately I continue to see the CRJ 100 and 200 on this route for a couple of the legs.

It seems like DL has dumped the CRJ 100 and 200 to the greater Midwest area as I don't see them on the west or east coast much anymore. Sad to think that to fly to a major "Hub" you have to take a CRJ 100 / 200. Check out Dayton, they still have only CRJ 100/200 access to DTW and MSP. And the "focus" city CVG which has LOTS of 100/200s.

Sad to think they are still flying these pieces of #@%&$!
I've been "lucky" enough to occasionally "score" an ERJ-145 on DAY-DTW. Not much fun but the single seat side is wayyyy better than any seat on the CRJ2. I don't mind it too much for the short hop to DTW, but flying them on DAY-MSP reminds me of something UA would do.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL
CMH-MSP is a 2 class for the originator, 2x 50 seaters in am, then 2 mainline's to finish out the day. When capacity is pulled down one of those am flights sometimes goes away and the mainline can drop down to a 2 class RJ. It hasn't been 1x daily in years, even on the heaviest cap pull days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.