Wiki Posts
Search

KE Business Award Ticket Help

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, CX GREEN
KE Business Award Ticket Help

I just booked an award ticket on KE through Delta.com, when selecting the flight, It showed up as Business class. This is on the 380 from JFK -> ICN.

When I try to select my seat, it says "All seats on this flight are currently occupied in your class of service."

When looking at KE website, I see the classes of service are Economy, Prestige, First.

My receipt shows the KE flight has a class of "O", does this translate to Business class? And what does Business class equal for KE?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 4:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
"Prestige" = business class on KE
Old Oct 14, 2014, 4:22 am

Programs: DL Platinum
O is business class award ticket on KE using Skymiles. Typically I can only get a seat assignment on KE by calling them. Ask DL for the KE record locator.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 4:32 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
OP should call KE anyway to check that the reservation is OK and that the ticket has been issued properly.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:13 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
IIRC, KE will only allow seat selection something like 90 days before the flight. Call KE any way and inquire to be sure.

Last edited by craig44485; Oct 14, 2014 at 11:07 am
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: DL PM / MM, Nat'l EE
Originally Posted by Zamees
When I try to select my seat, it says "All seats on this flight are currently occupied in your class of service."
Seats can be assigned 90 days up to 48 hours prior to departure
https://www.koreanair.com/content/ko...seat-selection

Originally Posted by s1c3r1a1b3b3l1e1
Ask DL for the KE record locator.
You can actually find your reservation on KoreanAir.com with your 006 ticket number without having to call.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:30 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OP should call KE anyway to check that the reservation is OK and that the ticket has been issued properly.
I tried calling them once but couldn't get anyone who spoke enough English to really help me. What's your trick?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Zamees
I just booked an award ticket on KE through Delta.com, when selecting the flight, It showed up as Business class. This is on the 380 from JFK -> ICN.
Everything about the above statement is pretty remarkable in a positive way ^
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by HongKonger
I tried calling them once but couldn't get anyone who spoke enough English to really help me. What's your trick?
I have had success with the Live Chat feature on their website. You will need to sign up for a Skypass number first to use it.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by nebraskaboy
You can actually find your reservation on KoreanAir.com with your 006 ticket number without having to call.
Thanks -- this was new to me. I was able to check my ticket online but have to wait another month for seat assignments. (I like their new website.)
Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by HongKonger
When someone doesn't seem to speak English well, speak slowly and clearly, use simple and direct words, and perhaps repeat the request using synonyms. Sometimes it helps to use words with the same roots in the native language of the other person, but this isn't likely to help with a Korean speaker.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Able to login with DL ticket number, but no clue how to select a seat online.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL GM
KE likes having their call center tied up with people calling in to select seats I guess. While people with more pressing issues wait on hold.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by craig44485
IIRC, KE will only allow seat selection something like 90 days before the flight. Call KE any way and inquire to be sure.
This. Remember KE also will block the best bulkhead seats on the UD of the A380 in Prestige til 24 hours before checkin.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 2:47 am
Original Poster

I think it's more this from their FAQ.

Q: Seats can be reserved, for the most part, with regular tickets but not with bonus award tickets. Why is that?
A:
It is a general rule to use available seats at the time of flight departure for bonus tickets and bonus seat upgrades. However, a set number of bonus award seats are assigned in advance for each flight in order to secure a travel schedule. The amount of these bonus award seats are determined based on past boarding data. Seat reservations may close early for flights that have multiple members using awards..

Also tried phoning, but the lines say they are too busy and call back, and same with chat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.