Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major changes to DL.com search engine

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Major changes to DL.com search engine

Must've rolled out overnight Friday. Several new features including a full month calendar with fares and new displays. So far seems to be positive and working...and appears to be related to the launch of the 2015 program.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by n7371f
Must've rolled out overnight Friday. Several new features including a full month calendar with fares and new displays. So far seems to be positive and working...and appears to be related to the launch of the 2015 program.
You just beat me to the post!!!!!
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:51 am
Formerly known as jbalis

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Executive, MGM Noir,
i would not exactly say major changes, kinda the same really. Little more flexibility with searching and some ways the information is delivered but pretty similar platform and look unless i am missing something.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by n7371f
This could in part explain what I a seeing: I had been looking into a roundtrip from ATL-BON in December. The itinerary was pretty full, now it is nearly empty. Where there was one or two biz seats, there is now an empty cabin - both ways. No obvious schedule changes. Makes me wonder if there are going to be some less than happy people who lost seats.

Is anybody else seeing similar?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My seats for a domestic trip purchased yesterday are still there and the seat maps look similar to what I saw yesterday.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I have two somewhat circuitous upcoming itineraries, booked a week ago:

MSP-MIA-LHR-ATL-MSP
MSP-ATL-NRT-SIN-NRT-LAX-SIN
(Yes, I need miles)

All my seat selections are intact. Haven't yet rechecked VS seats but they would not be affected by DL changes.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
I just received 2 emailed itineraries for 2 people I don't know. Wonder if this is related to the new DL.com
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
What a PITA. Now I have to check the details of the 12 trips we have booked.

4 trips had missing seat assignments. On 2 of those there are still 3 segments each where the A/C type isn't assigned so no seat selection available. RUC's seem to be OK.

Last edited by SuperG1955; Oct 4, 2014 at 1:00 pm
Old Oct 4, 2014, 2:43 pm

Looks like they spent 95% of their time making it look cute and not doing anything to fix the "experiencing problems" or you've been timed out issues.

So far, it's for me.

I don't need cute. I need a search engine that works. It would be a nice bonus if it returned search results faster than I can do laundry.

Maybe DL can hire the folks from ITAMatix. They're clearly not working to maintain that site, so they're probably available to be hired.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Does anyone see upgrade eligible/available anymore? Just went to look at tickets for tomorrow and it doesnt show anything
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:10 pm

I may have missed this change, but it also shows what the EC price would be. Helpful when purchasing an international trip and you know that it will be more than a few bucks.

Like the quick display too showing the "progress bar" with the stopovers and time at each. Maybe not a "major" change, but actually one I like.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:23 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Might get flamed for this, but I tried a few award searches using the new calendar. And it actually worked! Low days had quite a few low flight options.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
I have noticed in the past when the seat assignment is gone (usually on a Saturday) there is some sort of schedule change or altogether equipment change.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Well heres my first fail for the new engine: Logged out and back in so it showed upgrade availability for a flight tomorrow morning, booked the one with availability on both out and return. Only to then have it switch after i paid to 'eligible' and im #7 on the list for it....
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
.....and still running at the speed of a 486 processor with a 14.4k modem

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.