Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you use skyclub upon arrival?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

I am traveling to AMS this weekend and arriving early Sunday. I need to get some work done using Wi-Fi upon arrival and cannot go to hotel until 2pm. I am DM with Delta. Obviously I won't have a departing boarding pass but I could use my skyclub card. Can I use one of the airside clubs before going through immigration?
Thx
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by smithsonga
I am traveling to AMS this weekend and arriving early Sunday. I need to get some work done using Wi-Fi upon arrival and cannot go to hotel until 2pm. I am DM with Delta. Obviously I won't have a departing boarding pass but I could use my skyclub card. Can I use one of the airside clubs before going through immigration?
Thx
Yes, you should be able to use KLM Lounge 52 on arrival before going through Immigration.
I have never been turned away from using Lounge 52 on arrival, usually get a shower, eat breakfast and catch up on work using the wi-fi.
Then go through immigration and then to the baggage office, as the checked bag/s will have been removed from the carousal, and stored in the baggage office.

For wi-fi AMS airport does offer 30 minutes free wi-fi all over the airport.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI, there are no "Delta Sky Clubs" in Europe. They are all partner lounges or third party lounges. Skyteam Elite Plus Status does not actually entitle one to arrivals lounge access -- "SkyTeam Elite Plus benefits are provided only at the departure airport and not on arrival airport unless connecting to a qualifying Sky Team flight." However, as noted above, YMMV.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
we got turned away in Frankfurt on arrival with business class tickets.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Thx
Generally no unless you are a Diamond...
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:12 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite

As a DM you should be fine. Your Skyclub membership entitles you to use the lounge on arrival make sure you bring the physical card with you or have the mobile card on your phone.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by suvayanr
As a DM you should be fine. Your Skyclub membership entitles you to use the lounge on arrival make sure you bring the physical card with you or have the mobile card on your phone.
Unfortunately I was denied entrance. They said new rules that Delta doesn't offer arrival service. Skyclub card and diamond card didn't matter. Heard someone else denied also

Stinks
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:49 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Unfortunately I was denied entrance. They said new rules that Delta doesn't offer arrival service. Skyclub card and diamond card didn't matter. Heard someone else denied also

Stinks
Yep. I was denied entrance upon arrival at AMS on a Business Award Ticket June of this year--they may treat you differently if on a paid BE flight.

However, I was told by the Crown Lounge desk that Delta no longer pays them for arrivals flying on DL metal.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:06 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
This is just for travel terminating in AMS, right?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by 355F1
Quote:

Stinks

Yep. I was denied entrance upon arrival at AMS on a Business Award Ticket June of this year--they may treat you differently if on a paid BE flight.

However, I was told by the Crown Lounge desk that Delta no longer pays them for arrivals flying on DL metal.
If you are a DM it is permitted. That's all I can tell you.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you have PP, there are PP schengen and nonschengen lounges at AMS and you can use them upon arrival according to PP rules. However IMO they're not as nice as the KLM lounges. I've never tried to take a shower in either AMS PP lounge.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Stinks
I think someone at the KLM lounge was confused. I was just there last month had no problem getting into lounge on arrival with Skyclub card. I'm betting they're confusing rules from the different types of methods of access.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.7MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I think someone at the KLM lounge was confused. I was just there last month had no problem getting into lounge on arrival with Skyclub card. I'm betting they're confusing rules from the different types of methods of access.
+1.

I was there in mid-September - no problem. (Well, minor problem. I didn't have my card with me but agent looked it up and waved me in.)
Old Oct 5, 2014, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by cmaas
Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerCO

+1.

I was there in mid-September - no problem. (Well, minor problem. I didn't have my card with me but agent looked it up and waved me in.)
Are you a Diamond? Otherwise you shouldn't have been allowed in...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.