Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQD > $7,500 but still FO?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:52 am
Original Poster

MQD > $7,500 but still FO?

What are the chances DL would grant me GM status based on MQD spend in excess of PM threshold ($7,500) with ONLY FO MQS qualification?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
What are the chances DL would grant me GM status based on MQD spend in excess of PM threshold ($7,500) with ONLY FO MQS qualification?
Somewhere between slim and none.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Only if you live in NYC or SEA.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Somewhere between slim and none.
I think much closer to none.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Only if you have 50,000 MQMs including any rollover. Otherwise no chance.

Programs: Delta PM & 2.4M+ Miles - Bonvoy - Lifetime Titanium - DL AMEX Reserve
Unfortunately, unless there is a clerical mistake, no chance. Others have been just a few miles short and don't get the next level. Keep on flying and use your AMEX.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The MQD threshold's were only meant to weed out the very low end on the spend scale. Hitting $7.5K MQD's doesn't make you an HVC.

DTW-DCA midweek fares w/2 night stay currently books you into a $728 Q fare ($650 MQD's). Do that a couple times a month and you will end up with $15K MQD's at the end of the year, but at 48 segments, you would still be short of the Gold 60 segment qualification.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:01 am
Original Poster

I wasn't assuming that this would automatically happen but I could prompt at least a response from DL after a carefully crafted "complaint" e-mail.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wasn't assuming that this would automatically happen but I could prompt at least a response from DL after a carefully crafted "complaint" e-mail.
What would be the basis for the complaint? The rules clearly say that you need both for elite status:

MQMs or MQSs

AND

MQDs or AmEx waiver or legitimate foreign address

Why should these rules not apply to you?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton, HI
It's worth a shot but as others have said, don't get your hopes up. You probably should start thinking about doing MR if getting to GM is important enough to you. But if your amount of travel next year is going to be the same, it's not worth it.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What would be the basis for the complaint? The rules clearly say that you need both for elite status:

MQMs or MQSs

AND

MQDs or AmEx waiver or legitimate foreign address

Why should these rules not apply to you?
My beef is that if NEXT year's qualification requirements were in place then I would easily hit PM, so I am basically asking DL to meet me in the middle by granting GM status. In my mind, > $7,500 MQD deserves at least GM.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:49 am

My beef is that if NEXT year's qualification requirements were in place then I would easily hit PM, so I am basically asking DL to meet me in the middle by granting GM status. In my mind, > $7,500 MQD deserves at least GM.
Unless there's a change, next years elite qualification requirements will be the same as this year. Only the earning calculations for REDEEMABLE miles are being changed (revenue based).
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:49 am
Suspended

I suggest doing some cheapo mileage runs to get the MQSs you need.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
I suggest doing some cheapo mileage runs to get the MQSs you need.
The OP mentions MQSs but it might be easier to do MRs for MQMs and qualify that way. A long trip for a fun weekend break can lead to lots of MQMs as well as a stash of RDMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.