Wiki Posts
Search

sked change question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
sked change question

So I know that mainline --> RJ allows you to rebook with no fee, but what about going from Chataqua to Endeavor? Does the rule govern this sort of change in carrier as well?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Doubt it.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nichojo
Doubt it.
That's what I thought - but it technically counts as a carrier change, no?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
FlyerTalk 101: it can't hurt to call and ask

if you don't like the answer, say "Thanks anyway," hang up, and call back ... repeat as necessary
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I was flying AMS-DTW-IAD once, and the DL Connection carrier for the DTW-IAD segment changed. I called and tried to change. It sounded like they were willing to make a change, but I couldn't get switched to the KLM AMS-IAD non-stop that I wanted. I did not try HUCA, so I don't know how common that is. I wouldn't expect to be able to go from one Endeavor flight to another.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
OP indicated the operating carrier on the original res was Chautauqua, and it has changed to Endeavor
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:28 am

Right, I meant since the change to Endeavor was his reason for asking for the schedule change he would be unlikely to be able to change to a different Endeavor flight. If, for example, he booked a 2pm Chataqua flight which became an Endeavor flight I don't see why they'd let him change to a 10am Endeavor flight, but as always YMMV.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jrl767
OP indicated the operating carrier on the original res was Chautauqua, and it has changed to Endeavor
Isn't this good news?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Isn't this good news?
Good news indeed. And likely I will not need to change the res- but was interested if anyone had done this, and if it "technically" count as a carrier change
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by suvayanr
So I know that mainline --> RJ allows you to rebook with no fee, but what about going from Chataqua to Endeavor? Does the rule govern this sort of change in carrier as well?
Is this a legit issue for you or do you want to use it as an opportunity to make a needed change anyway?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Isn't this good news?
Originally Posted by suvayanr
Good news indeed. And likely I will not need to change the res- but was interested if anyone had done this, and if it "technically" count as a carrier change
How is it good news? Assuming it's still a 50-seater that would mean a change from Embraer 145 to CRJ2. I'd take the A side of the EMB any day over any seat on the CRJ. Now, if it was upguaged that's a different story.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mattp1987
How is it good news? Assuming it's still a 50-seater that would mean a change from Embraer 145 to CRJ2. I'd take the A side of the EMB any day over any seat on the CRJ. Now, if it was upguaged that's a different story.
IMO Endeavor is a better carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.