Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can I pull up a Orbitz-purchased ticket receipt on DL.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2014, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold

I have to fly Delta by the end of September to keep my FB miles alive. I am thinking of buying a package on Orbitz (150VACA works nicely for me) and get my DL flights as a package.

However, I need to have the fare receipt available to Flying Blue for miles credit.

Can I pull up the ticket receipt so that it shows fare and bucket category, etc. on Orbitz or DL.com?

I can buy the same on DLvacations for $120 more but it does include unwanted and non-removable airport transfer of some sort and a useless orientation breakfast/tour sales pitch. I do get a $50 credit but not sure if that can be used on DL for flights only.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Yes, you can ... on your orbitz.com booking receipt you will see two record locators:
1. An orbitz record locator
2. a Delta PNR
3. a Delta Ticket number.
Using either 2 or 3 at www.delta.com and your name should be able to pull up your detailed itinerary.
You should also be able to go to 'My Trips' at www.delta.com after you have logged in to your skymiles account and see your travel details.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Buying a package deal, you need to make sure that your tickets are eligible for mileage credit.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLFan2
Buying a package deal, you need to make sure that your tickets are eligible for mileage credit.
I have until tomorrow to cancel. How do I find that out?

I did run through the rules at DL.com (dummy booking for a flight-only at DL.com) and at Orbitz.com and they're showing the same fare rules.

Last edited by YVR Cockroach; Aug 8, 2014 at 11:50 am
Old Aug 8, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL GM
From what others have reported, if you purchase your flight as part of a package from another vendor, you'll only get 25% of the miles posted. (This is despite being a LUTXE fare, etc.) There's no way to really tell how the miles will post until the miles post.

Here's the link to what you need to know.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ion-fares.html
Old Aug 8, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Originally Posted by cfwolfs
From what others have reported, if you purchase your flight as part of a package from another vendor, you'll only get 25% of the miles posted. (This is despite being a LUTXE fare, etc.) There's no way to really tell how the miles will post until the miles post.

Here's the link to what you need to know.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ion-fares.html
And for the purpose of determining how many, if any, miles you will earn, DeltaVacations should be considered "another vendor".
Old Aug 8, 2014, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Travel is this year. U class only gives 25% miles on FB anyway..... As long as they post, it is good enough for me.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 3:05 pm

I booked a Delta flight via Expedia and I can use the PNR listed on the itinerary. It will show the Expedia Booking# as well as the Delta PNR and the same goes for Orbitz. I was booked under T and V booking codes and can get 100 percent mile.

What I would do is add your Delta Skymiles# to the reservation and have it linked. If you haven't already I would sign up for the Delta Skymiles Gold Credit Card which gives you the first year annual fee waived, your first bag free, $50 statement credit after your first purchase and bonus miles for spending $1000 in the first month..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.