Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Duty free sales to conclude Aug 8, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Duty free sales to conclude Aug 8, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2014, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
How does a "vendor" owe the "customer" 7 figures? Doesn't make any sense.
Maybe vendor and customers were the wrong word choice here? It's possible DL got some kind of kick-back on sales?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
Maybe vendor and customers were the wrong word choice here? It's possible DL got some kind of kick-back on sales?
A kickback in the millions?

If it's a kickback, it would've taken a long time to get to the millions - and DL would've stepped in earlier if they had any business acumen
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:55 am

No Problem

Originally Posted by andymo99
Duty free ends Aug 8 due to Delta's inability to come to terms with its vendor, DFASS. A replacement vendor is not being sought.

Welcome news --- one less announcement to wake me up in multiple languages.
I have not used in-flight or on-the-ground duty free in a decade. It is not a rip off, but there is no saving at all.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
AA has now dumped duty free sales, too

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...duty-free.html
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Monkey see, monkey do.

I only miss duty-free in the context of this being a convenient way of picking up a good bottle of Scotch post-security on my way to China.

I appreciate the Chinese custom of bringing a bottle of liquor to a restaurant for group dinners. And while I have learned to like moatai, I have found that a good Scotch is well appreciated.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:53 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing duty free or some inflight sale promoted via onboard Internet on international flight. Does gogo inflight have such for satellite based wifi for international?

Jiburi
Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: DL reject, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Jelly of the Month, formerly NWA Plat (RIP)
Or a shopping channel through the AVOD...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.