Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Misinformation MX vs WX

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Misinformation MX vs WX

Just curious to see how many of you guys have experienced a similar situation. I was in ATL when thunderstorms hit the airport. Lightening and thunderstorms caused ramp to halt activity and obvious inbound / outbound flight delays. I rocked out in the Sky Club and began to notice my flight began to have a creeping delay - initially 30 minutes, then 60 minutes, then 120 minutes, then 200 minutes. I spoke to the Sky Club agent and Platinum reservations, both said the inbound equipment diverted to Birmingham as a result of an MX issue. When I asked the gate agent about the delay she and her red vest wearing Delta friend both said it was WX related and refused to talk to me when I suggested it might be MX per my previous conversations. I was then told Delta does not do meal vouchers anymore (I think I remember reading about this in the forum).

Long story short, I contacted another Red Coat who was awesome! He informed me these two gate agents were a little jumpy since someone took a swing at them on a previous night. He apologized, listened to my concerned, verified delay was MX related, printed $20 in meal vouchers, and then provided $100 TVC to me and my companion.

Long story short, anyone else have issues like this finding out if a delay is MX or WX. Is there a big difference between an MX and WX related delay? I know all bets are off on WX related delays. Are meal vouchers really dead? What recourse do I have when an MX delay occurs -- full refund, etc?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:43 am

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
Originally Posted by BumpMeVoucherMeATL
Is there a big difference between an MX and WX related delay? I know all bets are off on WX related delays. Are meal vouchers really dead? What recourse do I have when an MX delay occurs -- full refund, etc?
Meal vouchers are only to be used in disability and minor issues. In either case, WX or MX, you can get a full refund for trip-in-vain. About the only major difference is that in MX delay, DL pays for the hotel if you mixconx.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 2:42 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Delta seems to just say delayed/cancelled on their website without any specific reason. Anyone knows if there is an official website with the delay causes if you have the flightnumber?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by BumpMeVoucherMeATL
Just curious to see how many of you guys have experienced a similar situation. I was in ATL when thunderstorms hit the airport. Lightening and thunderstorms caused ramp to halt activity and obvious inbound / outbound flight delays. I rocked out in the Sky Club and began to notice my flight began to have a creeping delay - initially 30 minutes, then 60 minutes, then 120 minutes, then 200 minutes. I spoke to the Sky Club agent and Platinum reservations, both said the inbound equipment diverted to Birmingham as a result of an MX issue. When I asked the gate agent about the delay she and her red vest wearing Delta friend both said it was WX related and refused to talk to me when I suggested it might be MX per my previous conversations. I was then told Delta does not do meal vouchers anymore (I think I remember reading about this in the forum).

Long story short, I contacted another Red Coat who was awesome! He informed me these two gate agents were a little jumpy since someone took a swing at them on a previous night. He apologized, listened to my concerned, verified delay was MX related, printed $20 in meal vouchers, and then provided $100 TVC to me and my companion.

Long story short, anyone else have issues like this finding out if a delay is MX or WX. Is there a big difference between an MX and WX related delay? I know all bets are off on WX related delays. Are meal vouchers really dead? What recourse do I have when an MX delay occurs -- full refund, etc?
Seems you got the RedCoat version of HUACA. Food vouchers and TVC's are "supposed" to be dead except for the reasons mentioned by Starblazer...but, obviously not. Ahhhh...good old consistency. YMMV as usual.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Grouchy
Delta seems to just say delayed/cancelled on their website without any specific reason. Anyone knows if there is an official website with the delay causes if you have the flightnumber?
There is not.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:27 am

Bummer & thanks. That means w're stuck with the raw airline notes from sites like EF...and i have no idea what they excactly are as they only seem to fill in the first letter of the delay code;.

Code:
Comments:
FLT INFO 49/27JUL *** FLIGHT CANCELLED ***
LOF  ARR DEP  ETA ON IN ETD OUT OFF ACF☨
BOM      110A           FX  FX  FX  76W
AMS 710A 1035A FX FX FX FX  FX  FX  76W
JFK 1259P      FX FX FX

FLIFO- FLIGHT HISTORY EXISTS
FACTS-
MEALS/CPT C Y
BOMAMS D D
AMSJFK L L
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Bummer & thanks. That means w're stuck with the raw airline notes from sites like EF...and i have no idea what they excactly are as they only seem to fill in the first letter of the delay code;.

Code:
Comments:
FLT INFO 49/27JUL *** FLIGHT CANCELLED ***
LOF  ARR DEP  ETA ON IN ETD OUT OFF ACF☨
BOM      110A           FX  FX  FX  76W
AMS 710A 1035A FX FX FX FX  FX  FX  76W
JFK 1259P      FX FX FX

FLIFO- FLIGHT HISTORY EXISTS
FACTS-
MEALS/CPT C Y
BOMAMS D D
AMSJFK L L
Delay for cockpit crew.

See Codes

While it says United at the top, they're the same at each airline as these are standardized for the DOT/FAA reporting.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Delay for cockpit crew.

See Codes

While it says United at the top, they're the same at each airline as these are standardized for the DOT/FAA reporting.
Incorrect. There is a large subsection of delay/cancellation codes that isn't viewable by the public. They also do not match UA's codes. FX means (I think) forced cancellation. there is only one more code that would appear in the Deltamatic Flight information (which is what was posted). The actual code would be posted in the Flifo, but in the private comments section that EF doesn't have access to.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Starblazer
Incorrect. There is a large subsection of delay/cancellation codes that isn't viewable by the public. They also do not match UA's codes. FX means (I think) forced cancellation. there is only one more code that would appear in the Deltamatic Flight information (which is what was posted). The actual code would be posted in the Flifo, but in the private comments section that EF doesn't have access to.
Correct it was forced cancellation due to crew. Which can be due to both a WX or MX issue. Either way if there's missing crew but a plane, then it's a crew issue that caused cancellation.

I never said all codes where listed. Just that from what I was told by a DL employee that from glancing over the codes that they were the same.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Correct it was forced cancellation due to crew. Which can be due to both a WX or MX issue. Either way if there's missing crew but a plane, then it's a crew issue that caused cancellation.

I never said all codes where listed. Just that from what I was told by a DL employee that from glancing over the codes that they were the same.
I get the FX, but where do you see crew as the reason?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Bicostal
I get the FX, but where do you see crew as the reason?
It's i think comming from the United file:

FX ‐Flight Ops Crew Connections:
Delay holding for connecting cockpit crew members.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
It's i think comming from the United file:

FX ‐Flight Ops Crew Connections:
Delay holding for connecting cockpit crew members.
That's a delay code. OP said it was cancelled.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Kryptonium Medallion, Hilton HHonors Diamond
"jumpy because someone took a swing at them". I've actually had it up to my nose with ATL and after today will no longer connect through there if I can help it.

There is always some excuse why ATL employees are pr***s. I'm done with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.