Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rwoman
Hong Kong International Airport (HKG) Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse

Upper floor around Gate 60, near the middle of the "Y". Same area where the AF lounge used to be. Plan your walk to the gate, the DL departure gate might be a bit of a walk.

Access:
Delta BusinessElite, DM, PM, and GM are now offered access to the VS Clubhouse in HKG. At check in, the agent will provide a pass on the same cardstock used for boarding passes.

Operating hours:
As of 29 Aug 2014, hours are 0600-2300.

Food/Beverage:
There is no self service. Plenty of staff to take orders though!

Shower:
From the way the doors are laid out, there are two. I got the same shower twice. Limited toiletry amenities.

Photos:
rwoman's photos of the lounge - LINK
Print Wikipost

Virgin Atlantic HKG Clubhouse Access

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2014, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
Virgin Atlantic HKG Clubhouse Access

Recently on DL 282 (Econ) from HKG to SEA. I was pleasantly surprised at check-in when the agent directed my fiancé and I to the Virgin Clubhouse near gate 60.

Is this a new perk at international locations? I thought access was only granted for NYC/LHR transatlantic flights..

Are there any other locations that offer Virgin Clubhouse access? Just to avoid confusion my fiancé and I are both DM.

Thanks

Last edited by langbr01; Jul 7, 2014 at 3:05 pm
Old Jul 7, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Up until now, Clubhouse access has been granted only when flying to/from the UK. This is a great development if DL's lounge access policy at HKG has indeed been extended to include the VS Clubhouse.

In the past, DL passengers at HKG have been directed to use the QF lounge (no longer accessible to DL passengers) and most recently the AF lounge. See existing discussion at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ge-change.html.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
That sounds awesome for those flying via HKG.

As a Diamond my favorite part about the DL/VA JV for LHR is Clubhouse access...it is tremendous--and great staff to boot!
Old Jul 7, 2014, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by langbr01
Recently on DL 282 (Econ) from HKG to SEA. I was pleasantly surprised at check-in when the agent directed my fiancé and I to the Virgin Clubhouse near gate 60.

Is this a new perk at international locations? I thought access was only granted for NYC/LHR transatlantic flights..

Are there any other locations that offer Virgin Clubhouse access? Just to avoid confusion my fiancé and I are both DM.

Thanks
^^^
It would be nice change from the present arrangement of AF.

I will confirm July 16 with my experience.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
The VS clubhouse in HKG doesn't open until 3:30pm according to the VS website (http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/us/en...per-class.html). The opening time may even be pushed back since VS recently discontinued its HKG-SYD flight at 7:10pm, leaving HKG-LHR at 11:25pm as its only remaining flight from HKG.

All of Delta's flights from HKG depart in the morning (DL 285 to NRT departs at 8:20am, and DL 282 to SEA departs at 10:25am). As far as I can tell, none of Delta's HKG-SEA flights have been delayed past noon yet. Were you actually able to access the VS clubhouse in the morning?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond

Thanks
I don't know if this really answers your question because it's a little different from HKG-SEA, but since you specifically mentioned NYC-LHR I'll add that NYC isn't a requirement. IAD, BOS, and SFO work too.

Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse lounge access is available to BusinessElite® or Upper Class passengers and Diamond or Platinum Medallion® members on same-day travel when flying on a Virgin Atlantic- or Delta-operated transatlantic flight to or from the U.K. Plus, Diamond and Platinum Medallion members are allowed to bring one guest. Clubhouses are located at London Heathrow, London Gatwick, New York-JFK, Newark, Washington, Boston and San Francisco airports. Please travel with and be prepared to show your Medallion card to the Virgin Atlantic representative to receive Clubhouse lounge access.
From http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ntic-faqs.html

Still, it seems like HKG Clubhouse access is a new not-yet-published benefit or you got lucky. I hope it's the former.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At HKIA website, Vrigin Atlantic The Clubhouse is listed as lounge for DL.
Opening hours are first flight - last flight.

Qantas Hong Kong lounge is listed for AF KL and QF, opening 09:30 - 23:59

So maybe the 49% is paying off for DL flyers in HK?

http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/f...e-lounges.html

I will report back after July 16.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I'll be sure to take advantage of this next month.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Smile

Originally Posted by lamont2718
The VS clubhouse in HKG doesn't open until 3:30pm according to the VS website (http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/us/en...per-class.html). The opening time may even be pushed back since VS recently discontinued its HKG-SYD flight at 7:10pm, leaving HKG-LHR at 11:25pm as its only remaining flight from HKG.

All of Delta's flights from HKG depart in the morning (DL 285 to NRT departs at 8:20am, and DL 282 to SEA departs at 10:25am). As far as I can tell, none of Delta's HKG-SEA flights have been delayed past noon yet. Were you actually able to access the VS clubhouse in the morning?
The VS lounge is also used by EVA air I believe hence why it still opens earlier.

It makes sense that DL start using VS lounges in out stations where DL use 3rd party lounges but VS have a clubhouse - especially given they now own 49% of VS. HKG is one example. I am not sure if DL have proper lounges in JNB/NRT but they could also be candidates for DL to use.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by ANstar
I am not sure if DL have proper lounges in JNB/NRT but they could also be candidates for DL to use.
DL has two Sky Clubs at NRT.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rwoman
DL has two Sky Clubs at NRT.
BR also uses the VS clubhouse according to the HKIA list.

The two best Skyclubs are NRT pod 1, gates 11-18 and NRT pod 2, gates 19-26.

Since DL owns 49% VS, it make more sense to "pay" VS for DL passenger lounge use.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by tentseller
BR also uses the VS clubhouse according to the HKIA list.

The two best Skyclubs are NRT pod 1, gates 11-18 and NRT pod 2, gates 19-26.

Since DL owns 49% VS, it make more sense to "pay" VS for DL passenger lounge use.
I guess the question then is whether that makes it a contract lounge. If so, DL's new rules would seem to exclude Medallions flying in the back.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mattp1987
I guess the question then is whether that makes it a contract lounge. If so, DL's new rules would seem to exclude Medallions flying in the back.
OP was DM, flying HKG SEA in Y cabin; I am in similar situation.

Flying out of HKG July 16, I will post my experience at NRT SC.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by tentseller
OP was DM, flying HKG SEA in Y cabin; I am in similar situation.

Flying out of HKG July 16, I will post my experience at NRT SC.
Thanks, we'll look forward to hearing about your experience. Perhaps you could also peek around the corner and see whether things are still business as usual at the AF lounge? I find it very strange that the HKIA website no longer lists it and instead directs AF passengers to the new QF lounge.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive

Thanks
VS is adamantly enforcing no admittance to VS Clubhouse for DL Elite + customers, if it's not coming from one of few (I think it is BOS, JFK and SFO) or to one of few (same ones) airports direct VS flight. E.g. US to UK flight where connecting from DL to VS in NRT, both outbound in NRT and return in LHR, VS has adamantly refused access to its clubhouse for a DL Elite +. (All in all, VS staff, even at LHR, seem to be clearly enforcing no access to VS ClubHouse unless on direct VS flight to BOS/JFK/SFO. It is not even provided on all VS flights to US, e.g. if connecting to DL somewhere along the way, as DL wrongfully is representing on its website.)

All in all, a big to the very poor reciprocal benefits for DL Elite + on VS, and the way how it's misrepresented on delta.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.