Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How long does it usually take for DL to alert you to a schedule change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2014, 9:41 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

This morning I checked my reservation for an upcoming trip. I found two of my flights had reverted to " select seats" when I already had. But when I tried, it said "seat selection was unavailable at this time".

Further research ( checking the " book a flight" option) showed that not only had our departure time changed but so had the equipment and flight number.

My question: even though these changes are now showing on their booking page...my reservations are still showing the original flight with the exception that my seats are gone.

Anyone have an idea of how long these schedule changes take to be reflected in existing reservations?

Last edited by david55; Jun 28, 2014 at 10:36 am
Old Jun 28, 2014, 10:00 am
Suspended

Should do immediately. Suggest calling ASAP.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Schedule changes should show immediately. It can take weeks (or never) for DL to let me know about them.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
I can't remember the last time I was notified of a schedule change --- but most times they're trivial.

Bob H
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Deleted.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by BobH
I can't remember the last time I was notified of a schedule change --- but most times they're trivial.

Bob H
Can include an equipment change (thus your seat) and when Award Wallet was allowed to keep you up to date you got quick notice for BOTH. From Delta, almost NEVER!
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL DM
Schedule changes start to run on Saturday mornings usually about 8:00 AM. They are run in stages. You could look at a PNR and the outbound has changed, but the return has not. Hours later, as the schedule changes load progresses, you may see the return flights have now changed. Sometimes, especially when it involves an equipment change, they will lock the seat maps until people who had seats are reassigned. That prevents people from grabbing better seats prior to the computers completing the reassignment. Of course, that last part doesn't always work the best.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by BobH

Bob H
Usually but not always. Saw this thread and decided to check my SXM trip in Feb. DL canceled the earlier flight so we got moved to the later flight OK great but they did not move our ATL-MSP leg as we had an illegal connection. No notice. DL IT is bad.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
The thing I've learned with Delta is the larger or more significant the change, the LESS likely I am to get a notification. Seems like I get notifications when the flight number changes from 123 to 321 or when the departure time changes from 12:00 to 12:02 - something that doesn't really impact me at all (unless it now violates MCT). But when it's an hour difference and would actually impact when I'd show up for the airport, seems like I don't get the notifications.

Even though I shouldn't have to, I've just learned over the years to log in frequently and monitor for the major changes.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:49 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

I first noticed my missing seats around 6AM this morning on our SEA-LAX/LAX- SEA segments checking my online reservation. When I looked at their booking engine my original flight was gone replaced by one that leaves 30 minutes earlier and on different equipment. Same with return.

When I checked my reservation a few times this morning ...it still showed the old flights minus the seats.

Then when I rechecked a few moments ago my reservation showed the change and asked for me to accept it.

So it took about six hours or so from when I first noticed the change for everything to get synced.

BTW...an early morning call to CS and she wasn't sure what was going on insisting that nothing had changed but she couldn't reassign my seats.

Last edited by david55; Jun 28, 2014 at 1:07 pm
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL PM
In my experience, on the Saturday schedule changes it can take several hours for seats to update on your reservation if the equipment changes.

If you end up with a broken connection it can often take one to two days before it fixes itself.

And I never get any notification about these changes.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
Even though I shouldn't have to, I've just learned over the years to log in frequently and monitor for the major changes.
Same here. Especially with flights to the Caribbean in the winter. Especially bad when you book early.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Always call Delta when you notice a schedule change. NEVER USE THE WEBSITE TO CHANGE/ACCEPT (SUGGESTED) FLIGHTS!
Old Jun 28, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL Platinum MM, Marriott Gold

I check my flight schedules every Sunday morning. Better safe than sorry.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
The thing I've learned with Delta is the larger or more significant the change, the LESS likely I am to get a notification. Seems like I get notifications when the flight number changes from 123 to 321 or when the departure time changes from 12:00 to 12:02 - something that doesn't really impact me at all (unless it now violates MCT). But when it's an hour difference and would actually impact when I'd show up for the airport, seems like I don't get the notifications.

This, exactly.

Checking my upcoming DL bookings is sadly part of my Monday morning routine, now. Thankfully 90% of my flights are nonstop, so it's usually just a sanity check of departure/arrival times and that I have a seat assigned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.