"World's most trusted" Delta?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 3:40 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

"World's most trusted" Delta?

Delta has applied for a trademark on "World's most trusted."
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...619-story.html

Wonder if they mean to use it in such phrases as: "World's most trusted to make your miles useless?" @:-)

Anyone know how to protest the application the US Trademark office?

Wonder if anticipated fraud is a valid reason for a protest?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I wish they would go back to either of a couple of soft and familiar favorites:

"Delta is Ready When You Are"

"We Love to Fly and It Shows"

They can back either of those statements up. "World's Most Trusted" sets themselves up to get absolutely skewered in the media when something inevitably will go wrong.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum . Hyatt Diamond . Delta Diamond . All kinds of car rental statuses
The opposite is more accurate

"The world's most distrusted airline" would be more accurate.
The hubris astonishes me.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 5:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pointy
"The world's most distrusted airline" would be more accurate.
The hubris astonishes me.
That title is already property of UA.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 5:12 pm
Suspended

How is this any different though from when British Airways had "The World's favorite airline"?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
"Most trusted" in what (on-time performance?, comfortable hard product?, expensive tickets?, to have poor FF program?, to attack SkyTeam partners?)? Seems vague to me (probably planned that way). Anyway, there isn't, IMHO, any requirement for truth in a TM slogan.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
They should just go back to "Delta Gets You There". Sums up nicely just how basic Delta has become after Anderson taking over. Nothing extra, a flight from A to B and that's it.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 6:11 pm
Suspended

OK

Works OK for moi.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
They should just go back to "Delta Gets You There". Sums up nicely just how basic Delta has become after Anderson taking over. Nothing extra, a flight from A to B and that's it.
Agree 100%

Nobody "trusts" companies anymore, so the new proposed slogan is dumb. But many will agree that DL has been doing a better job of "getting you there" than most (if not all).
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Worlds most trusted airline to suk the money from your wallet and romance & adventure outta flying!
Old Jun 22, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
When I heard this on the radio a while back (think it was NPR, but I'm really not sure), I kept waiting for them to say that it was an excerpt from Jon Stewart's show or some other comedy show, 'cause it for sure ain't the truth!

Unless, of course, they're talking about being the "Most trusted airline for making your SkyPesos number a useless, meaningless, seemingly stochastic numeric sequence."

Or, "Most trusted airline when it comes to driving loyal travelers away."

Just my $0.02, but then again copper isn't entirely worthless, you know!
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:36 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare

^^ saying "world's most trusted" is as bad as the images I get everytime RA tells me he has my back... I can't think of anything except how he seems to continue to stab me in the back with each new "enhancement"
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Maybe competitive move?

The trademarked slogan DL gets today (but doesn't have to use) is one a competitor can't use tomorrow.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, DL Amex, Diners, HHonors, United
Do we trust Delta to keep its promises?

I suppose I can turn the question around a bit. Let's take the changes to the Skymiles program in 2014 and 2015. We have been informed on all the details about how things are going to be more complicated and difficult for many members, with promises that in return Delta will streamline the award availability system, that there will be more seats available, that it will be easier to redeem miles for travel. No details of that as of yet, of course. Do you think that the "world's most trusted airline" will keep all these promises?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Everyone on here is just mean and hateful because in fact Delta IS the most trusted. I trust them with everything, but below is just a sampling of what I trust them the most in.........

I trust that the skymiles program is the worst in the world.
I trust that as soon as AirTran left it is now beyond NOT affordable to fly out of ATL
I trust that I will get a rude gate agent
I trust that I will get a rude flight crew
I trust that the plane will magically change 87 different times, and almost every time the computer will kick me out of my preferred or economy comfort seat, and dump me in a middle seat at the back of the plane
I trust that I will get a terrible check in experience
I trust that I will get an uncomfortable seat
I trust that I will be nickel and dimed to death
I trust that I will NEVER be able to get a low reward
I trust that the Sky clubs are a joke, and companies like Amex are jumping to fill that gap
I trust that the flight experience will include late departures because hey we need to wait for everyone to shove 200 lbs of clothes in the overhead
I trust that the boarding process is miserable, inefficient, and not properly executed
I trust that the medallion program is miserable, and really pointless
Most importantly though I trust that I am stuck trusting "The Most Trusted Airline In The World" because hey I am in ATL, and its my only option.

So thank you Delta I trust you more then you will ever know, I hope someone from Delta marketing comes, and replies to this. Oh wait they don't care what the customer thinks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.