Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VA flights lax/Mel and Syd/Lax

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

VA flights lax/Mel and Syd/Lax

Flying VA (on Delta miles) from Lax to Mel (va 24) and returning Syd to Lax (va1)next March. Both flights we have seats 1HK assigned. How does Va FA's handle food and drink selections? Do they go down the Left side (starting with 1AC) and come back the right ending with 1Hk. Seems picky owever my stomack is old and having no selection would be no good. Or should we move to left side like 2AC (1AC already assigned)? Any help woul;d be great! Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Flying VA is nothing like flying American carriers. Relax and enjoy, don't worry about stuff like this. They will serve front to back, and they will have your selection. And if you want something specifically and are paranoid about not getting it, simply seek the FA out after boarding and you will be taken care of.

I fly these all the time for work.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: All of the Above
I recall VA's FA's each working 1 side of the aisle, so you shouldn't have a problem. As DLATL777 said, don't sweat the service. It's miles better than DL. My kids still ask every time we fly overnight still if the plane will have stars like VA's did.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 1:22 am
Original Poster

thanks to both of you for your assurances regarding selection. We just canceled our round the world 45,000 mile trip which did include trip to us from Sydney. Dl had us flying China Eastern from SYD to Shanghi to Lax. Some of the trip reports reported problems with not getting selected meals. This (Austrilia trip) replaces the round of the world trip. We are near the end of our traveling career. Your help is greatly appreciated and calms our old mines.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 2:41 am
Used to be PWMRamper

Programs: Marriott Platinum
See at check in if you can get Row 5, it was an incredible experience when I flew LAX-MEL.

Curtained off row after dinner service, incredibly private.

The downsides are the bassinets which are located in this row, so it may have an infant in it for the flight. It's also right near the lav/bar, but it was quite quiet on my flights. I lucked out on my round trip and didn't have an infant on either one. They may be able to give you a heads up when you check in on that too.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 2:44 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by bruceatf
thanks to both of you for your assurances regarding selection. We just canceled our round the world 45,000 mile trip which did include trip to us from Sydney. Dl had us flying China Eastern from SYD to Shanghi to Lax. Some of the trip reports reported problems with not getting selected meals. This (Austrilia trip) replaces the round of the world trip. We are near the end of our traveling career. Your help is greatly appreciated and calms our old mines.
Have a great trip and may it add to a life already full of memories!
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by bruceatf
Flying VA (on Delta miles) from Lax to Mel (va 24) and returning Syd to Lax (va1)next March. Both flights we have seats 1HK assigned. How does Va FA's handle food and drink selections? Do they go down the Left side (starting with 1AC) and come back the right ending with 1Hk. Seems picky owever my stomack is old and having no selection would be no good. Or should we move to left side like 2AC (1AC already assigned)? Any help woul;d be great! Thanks
OP - I just did this flight last week and recommend seats 2AC over 1HK. Seats 1HK are closer to the galley and lav and thus more prone to noise and light.
Again, another 1+ for VA over DL on this flight. Better all around product (seat, food, wine, and service). I particularly like having the pajamas for sleeping and lounging.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

thanks gso, gsp, and 777 for your responses and comments. It makes feel i finally made the correct choice in flyiing on delta awards. This is great site
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:29 am

Agreed. I did the same flights in March/April.

Btw, don't forget you're entitled to a stopover and open jaw. So you can add the MEL-SYD flight in business for free (converting your open jaw to a stopover), or you can add a flight from MEL to somewhere else, and then get to SYD on your own (adding a stopover and changing the location of your open jaw).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.