Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Upgrades on AeroMexico flights (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades on AeroMexico flights (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
I hope someone has a magic answer for you but I've more or less thrown my hands up into the air when it comes to the mystery of Aeromexico upgrade processing and mileage crediting. No one on either the AM or DL side seems to care about fixing the situation.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by snorkmaster
I hope someone has a magic answer for you but I've more or less thrown my hands up into the air when it comes to the mystery of Aeromexico upgrade processing and mileage crediting. No one on either the AM or DL side seems to care about fixing the situation.
After a few hours/calls between the AM and DL phone calls, including one where both the DL agent and I waited for an hour together for the AM/DL JV Desk, I was told by said desk I "shouldn't worry and that the upgrade should process automatically as your SkyMiles number is on both PNRs." So I guess that means "trust but verify" at LAS

Would be nice for a UG, but it looks like most of the legs I'll have the rows to myself anyway. Not worth stressing over what's supposed to be a relaxing (and first!) time in PVR to make up for a pretty drab start to 2022.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: DL DM
Update on the above, they did come through more or less automatically for all 4 legs. LAS-MEX I had to ask at the gate and it was instant, and on the return legs it came through at T-2.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:48 am

Do DL medallions get complimentary upgrades on only USA-MEX (and Central America) or is it possible to also get Canada-MEX?
Old Apr 3, 2022, 3:24 am

do platinum medallions get free check in luggage or complimentary upgrades from LAX to MEX and intra Mexico flights?

makes me wonder if i should see if they would honor a status match on their loyalty program..
Old Apr 4, 2022, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by tkw00t
do platinum medallions get free check in luggage or complimentary upgrades from LAX to MEX and intra Mexico flights?

makes me wonder if i should see if they would honor a status match on their loyalty program..
Looks like you get one extra bag (or one if no bags included in fare) as a ST Elite+ with some exceptions. Club Premier - Gold - / SkyTeam® / Delta member benefits are not applicable on class “V” Basic Rate purchases for flights from and into domestic, U.S., and Canadian destinations.

Notwithstanding any of this, I'd rather pay an occasional bag fee to AM if necessary than have any points trapped in the most reliable of airlines and airline programs EVAR, i.e., Aeromexico.

Aeromexico - Información de equipaje documentado
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Looks like you get one extra bag (or one if no bags included in fare) as a ST Elite+ with some exceptions. Club Premier - Gold - / SkyTeam® / Delta member benefits are not applicable on class “V” Basic Rate purchases for flights from and into domestic, U.S., and Canadian destinations.

Notwithstanding any of this, I'd rather pay an occasional bag fee to AM if necessary than have any points trapped in the most reliable of airlines and airline programs EVAR, i.e., Aeromexico.

right on, i thought the same. when i attempt to change my seats on my aeromexico flight it asks that i prepay for any checkin baggage and shows up that fee. i emailed them to clarify and hopefully i get a clearcut answer on the baggage and any upgrades i can get on these flights.

thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Sometime over the weekend upgrades cleared for my two flights on Thursday, IAH-MEX and MEX-MDE. Nice to see but not terribly surprised since F cabin on both flights were completely empty when I booked it a couple weeks ago.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: SkyMiles, United
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K

So I was able to get free checked bag on 4 different flights this weekend. It was V fare (basic economy). Fairly easy, make sure your DL is printed on the BP and it shows sky priority (Elite Plus for free bag on V fare). Sometimes they have to ask some else and one time I had to show my Delta SkyMiles digital card. No upgrades on V fare, no seat selection. boarded on group 1 SkyPriority
tkw00t likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I tried using a RUC and I was told that an upgrade could not be processed due to an FAA audit/Aeromexico embargo? and that all DL upgrades were suspended until further notice?? Was this agent and her support desk just making BS up?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Recently flew CUN-MEX. Aeromexico app showed 2 bags allowed for free on the app, but this was not correct. ST+ only allows 1 extra bag above allowance. Was on H Fare with AM so no free bag as part of the fare.
Was added to the upgrade list at counter check in, but upgrade did not clear with only 1 seat left.
Old May 28, 2022, 7:55 pm

as an update, i was able to get a check in bag (no cost) when i got my boarding pass.

i was also complementary upgraded to premier class on a N fare economy, even though when i called AM and delta both said that fare is not eligible for upgrades. not sure if the gate agent was doing me a solid when i asked to be put on the upgrade list and had no visibility where i was in line, but grateful for the service.
Milesaway76 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:21 pm

Programs: AS Gold 75K and Delta PM, former AA EXP
Quick question for the more seasoned AM vets - Has anyone experienced an easier time with clearing upgrades ahead of DoD by booking directly with AM vs. booking a DL marketed AM flight directly through DL? Cost is the same, but I wonder if logistically the upgrade process is easier if booked directly through DL.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 9:48 am

Newbie booking Aeromexico

Hi All - I am planning on booking a flight from JFK-MEX as a gold medallion and have a question on how to book the flights to be eligible for a complimentary upgrade.

Is it better to book the AM flights on the delta or AM website, to be eligible for upgrades? Apologies if this question was already answered but didn’t see any definitive answers when scrolling. Thanks!!
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
I just remain cursed with Aeromexico and upgrades/mileage crediting.

1) I had an AM chat agent add my SkyMiles number to a reservation instead of online given the issues with the number sticking to the reservation / the status being applied.
2) As always, the SkyMiles number sticks for the sake of seat selection -- I was able to pick an exit row "available for free to Diamond members".
3) I generated a boarding pass today (for a domestic flight Wed), and got Group 5. I waited a while because I do think things can lag a bit, and it's still Group 5.
4) Same deal for the upgrade list in the app -- name not showing...which meant I probably wasn't in the system for upgrades prior to departure either.

Do you think there's anyone on the Delta end who can birddog Aeromexico on these persistent issues? Or any other ideas for a fix?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.