FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Finding flights flown by MD-88 or MD-90 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1585513-finding-flights-flown-md-88-md-90-a.html)

FromPVG Jun 15, 2014 9:50 am

Finding flights flown by MD-88 or MD-90

Is there a way to search DL flight schedule to filter out all the flights flown by MD-88 or MD-90? I have a friend who likes to fly those aircrafts before they retire. Thank you.

mlsail1 Jun 15, 2014 9:58 am

I don't know how to filter them on Delta's website, but I can tell you that both ATL-PIT and the reverse are flown on MD-88s (all but maybe one daily).

clr4t8koff Jun 15, 2014 9:59 am

Just about every route to/from ATL to any city with a population greater than 150k people has one of the two on it. Your friend shouldn't be in any rush as these planes have several years of flying left, especially the MD-90.

stils Jun 15, 2014 10:26 am

Your friend is welcome to tag along with me for a week. Fairly certain I've been on every single one... Twice.

SuperG1955 Jun 15, 2014 11:15 am

Download the PDF schedule. Then scroll to the originating city and either look for or use the find command in Adobe Acrobat to find M88 or M90 which are the codes used in the schedule.

misterbean Jun 15, 2014 11:18 am

Originally Posted by SuperG1955 (Post 23037910)
Download the PDF schedule. Then scroll to the originating city and either look for or use the find command in Adobe Acrobat to find M88 or M90 which are the codes used in the schedule.

This. You'll find a lot, obviously, but it's the best way.
Also, you can start looking up the tail numbers for DL's M90s and see where they have been flying.

13thandseven Jun 15, 2014 3:18 pm

ATL-CLT and the reverse is almost 100% MD-88/90. Looking at the schedule this week, there seem to be a few 717s 1-2x/day and even (oddly, to me) a 757 thrown in 1x/day.

SCEflyer Jun 15, 2014 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by FromPVG (Post 23037561)
Is there a way to search DL flight schedule to filter out all the flights flown by MD-88 or MD-90? I have a friend who likes to fly those aircrafts before they retire. Thank you.

Why do you think they are going to be retired? Some of the 90's were only added to the fleet in '12 and '13 from JAS. Also, I recently sat next to a guy from DL Technic (?) who told me that the 88's were going to be sent to MEX, where AeroMexico is going to update the interiors. I was surprised to hear this, since they have been in the fleet for 20 years + in some instances, but he told me that with projected load factors they are highly profitable, perhaps by being fully depreciated in the case of those that are owned outright.

FromPVG Jun 17, 2014 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by SCEflyer (Post 23039631)
Why do you think they are going to be retired? Some of the 90's were only added to the fleet in '12 and '13 from JAS. Also, I recently sat next to a guy from DL Technic (?) who told me that the 88's were going to be sent to MEX, where AeroMexico is going to update the interiors. I was surprised to hear this, since they have been in the fleet for 20 years + in some instances, but he told me that with projected load factors they are highly profitable, perhaps by being fully depreciated in the case of those that are owned outright.

I think the rumor was from an old thread here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...15-2019-a.html

Anyway, thank everyone's suggestion. My friend actually ended up booking an AA flight BWI-DFW on MD-80.

airplanegod Jun 17, 2014 9:29 pm

The Delta MD88's and certainly MD90's will be around for a while, my advice would be to fly on an American MD80, which will be gone sooner. I got the MD83 on them but still need to get the MD82.

Dawgfan6291 Jun 18, 2014 12:37 am

Originally Posted by SCEflyer (Post 23039631)

Delta TechOps.

and no cabin mods that I know of but they get sent to AeroMexico(but not in MEX) for overhauls.

They are however getting new all glass cockpits. The work will be done in Atlanta by TechOps and the vendor who makes the cockpit system.