Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Finding flights flown by MD-88 or MD-90

Old Jun 15, 2014, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Is there a way to search DL flight schedule to filter out all the flights flown by MD-88 or MD-90? I have a friend who likes to fly those aircrafts before they retire. Thank you.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: DL GM, Hertz Gold Five Star
I don't know how to filter them on Delta's website, but I can tell you that both ATL-PIT and the reverse are flown on MD-88s (all but maybe one daily).
Old Jun 15, 2014, 9:59 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Just about every route to/from ATL to any city with a population greater than 150k people has one of the two on it. Your friend shouldn't be in any rush as these planes have several years of flying left, especially the MD-90.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:26 am

Your friend is welcome to tag along with me for a week. Fairly certain I've been on every single one... Twice.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Download the PDF schedule. Then scroll to the originating city and either look for or use the find command in Adobe Acrobat to find M88 or M90 which are the codes used in the schedule.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Download the PDF schedule. Then scroll to the originating city and either look for or use the find command in Adobe Acrobat to find M88 or M90 which are the codes used in the schedule.
This. You'll find a lot, obviously, but it's the best way.
Also, you can start looking up the tail numbers for DL's M90s and see where they have been flying.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
ATL-CLT and the reverse is almost 100% MD-88/90. Looking at the schedule this week, there seem to be a few 717s 1-2x/day and even (oddly, to me) a 757 thrown in 1x/day.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by FromPVG
Is there a way to search DL flight schedule to filter out all the flights flown by MD-88 or MD-90? I have a friend who likes to fly those aircrafts before they retire. Thank you.
Why do you think they are going to be retired? Some of the 90's were only added to the fleet in '12 and '13 from JAS. Also, I recently sat next to a guy from DL Technic (?) who told me that the 88's were going to be sent to MEX, where AeroMexico is going to update the interiors. I was surprised to hear this, since they have been in the fleet for 20 years + in some instances, but he told me that with projected load factors they are highly profitable, perhaps by being fully depreciated in the case of those that are owned outright.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SCEflyer
Why do you think they are going to be retired? Some of the 90's were only added to the fleet in '12 and '13 from JAS. Also, I recently sat next to a guy from DL Technic (?) who told me that the 88's were going to be sent to MEX, where AeroMexico is going to update the interiors. I was surprised to hear this, since they have been in the fleet for 20 years + in some instances, but he told me that with projected load factors they are highly profitable, perhaps by being fully depreciated in the case of those that are owned outright.
I think the rumor was from an old thread here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...15-2019-a.html

Anyway, thank everyone's suggestion. My friend actually ended up booking an AA flight BWI-DFW on MD-80.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:29 pm
Suspended

The Delta MD88's and certainly MD90's will be around for a while, my advice would be to fly on an American MD80, which will be gone sooner. I got the MD83 on them but still need to get the MD82.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by SCEflyer
Delta TechOps.

and no cabin mods that I know of but they get sent to AeroMexico(but not in MEX) for overhauls.

They are however getting new all glass cockpits. The work will be done in Atlanta by TechOps and the vendor who makes the cockpit system.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.