Wiki Posts
Search

FA asked if I was non-rev?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2014, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
FA asked if I was non-rev?

Here's a probably petty question: today flying in BE from FRA-JFK one of the FAs asked me midflight if I was non-rev (I'm not). What sort of behavior might have made her thought that and what, if anything, might have she been implying?

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary except for stay up and watch movies while most everyone else seemed to go to sleep. Had 2 or 3 beers.

Probably nothing, but my curiosity getting the better of me. I know non-rev is often a dirty word around here so I'm hoping I wasn't doing anything rude that made her think so.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 4:23 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Maybe the beer?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Nothing unusual & I would've told yes, probably going to take care of you.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flymanbeast
Maybe the beer?
Maybe if the OP had drunk a dozen beers!

OP: were you dressed up compared to most other passengers? That can brand you as NRSA every time.

Oh, and was it two or three? Shouldn't be difficult to remember how many considering the small number involved. If you can't remember, perhaps it was more like a dozen?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Maybe if the OP had drunk a dozen beers!

OP: were you dressed up compared to most other passengers? That can brand you as NRSA every time.

Oh, and was it two or three? Shouldn't be difficult to remember how many considering the small number involved. If you can't remember, perhaps it was more like a dozen?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I thought the FA has that info on their printout of the manifest?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 4:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Wouldn't a quick glance at the manifest give the flight attendant the answer to her question? Unless the manifest had already been given to a passenger...
Old Jun 12, 2014, 5:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rylan
I thought the FA has that info on their printout of the manifest?
They'd already given it to mbwmbw and he wouldn't give it back
Old Jun 12, 2014, 5:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If it concerned OP so much, why didn't OP just ask the FA? OP would then know.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
^
Old Jun 12, 2014, 5:29 pm

People often move around, so perhaps if there were some empty seats she may have been looking for a non-rev that had moved seats.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by nkedge
Here's a probably petty question: today flying in BE from FRA-JFK one of the FAs asked me midflight if I was non-rev (I'm not). What sort of behavior might have made her thought that and what, if anything, might have she been implying?

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary except for stay up and watch movies while most everyone else seemed to go to sleep. Had 2 or 3 beers.

Probably nothing, but my curiosity getting the better of me. I know non-rev is often a dirty word around here so I'm hoping I wasn't doing anything rude that made her think so.
You were flying BE on DL.. According to some here, it's a non rev party up there.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by CMK10
...they're still waiting for him to post it
Old Jun 12, 2014, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by nkedge

<looking around...> Anyone seen the "most INCONSEQUENTIAL" thread anywhere?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.7MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Where you or had you moved into a seat in the last row of BE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.