Wiki Posts
Search

Sport Coat Left On Flight: Help!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2014, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Sport Coat Left On Flight: Help!

DL 1445 ATL-DFW today. Flight attendants did not return coats at the end of the flight, which i didn't realize until an hour+ later. I called DL, was given a number at DFW, called it and it's just a recording. I completed the online lost item form. Anyone know of anything else I can do to try and get the jacket back? I need it this week.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by CJKatl
DL 1445 ATL-DFW today. Flight attendants did not return coats at the end of the flight, which i didn't realize until an hour+ later. I called DL, was given a number at DFW, called it and it's just a recording. I completed the online lost item form. Anyone know of anything else I can do to try and get the jacket back? I need it this week.
I'd find a shop with a tailor that does same day alteration.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 9:39 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by CJKatl
For what do you need a sport jacket?

It is possible that if you do not have it returned to you by the time you need it, people would understand what happened if you told the truth.

Is it for a seminar at which you are speaking? The story could be a good way to interject humor.

Is it for a business meeting? Would a sport jacket really mean the difference between landing that deal or not?

Is it for a date? If your companion is not understanding, perhaps that is not the right person for you.

Whatever may be the case, I hope that you are as fortunate as FlyerTalk member mdf-nyc and that you get your sport coat back as soon as possible...
Old Jun 9, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
You're not going to see it this week, period.

All items get shipped out to a warehouse where they are cataloged, but note that they may not get shipped until several days after they are found, then account for travel time, time to be entered into the system, etc.

Assuming that you can describe it well enough (and the item is unique enough to be memorable) and the agent at the warehouse cares enough to listen to your description and actually match it with the item, you won't see it before a month or so, if you ever see it again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.