Wiki Posts
Search

LGA-IND Load, # Elites?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2014, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
LGA-IND Load, # Elites?

I might be making this trip (ex-LGA Friday, ex-IND Sunday) fairly frequently in the future, and I'm considering a status challenge to either Silver or Gold (I'll be AA PLT by the time I request a challenge). I hope someone can provide some insight into the load/elite numbers/chances for upgrade, so I can figure out whether a status challenge would be worth it. Thanks!

Last edited by lawyertalk; Jun 7, 2014 at 11:36 am
Old Jun 7, 2014, 11:42 am
Suspended

LGA-IND Load, # Elites?

Gold might work if you have an expensive ticket.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Can't speak for IND-LGA specifically but as an FO I've been UGed into LGA all four times I've flown in or out (I do realize that's hardly a huge sample size).
RDU-LGA on a Friday afternoon (with a companion - in fact my whole family was UGed here, my dad as an FO and my mom as his companion, and then me as an FO and my sister as my companion)
LGA-RDU on a Monday morning.
CVG-LGA and LGA-GSO (Friday evening).

What helps is that the routes to non-hubs out of LGA are short hops focusing on O&D. Even if someone flies them frequently, the routes aren't long enough to build up the MQMs for high status levels - the passengers are getting 2 segments a week and 1000 to 1500 MQMs per trip.

I'd be curious to hear from folks who fly a route like IND-LGA if they have similar experience or if they find it tends to be pretty elite heavy.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
OP, this totally depends on when you're flying. If you're on the early AM or late night flights on Monday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday, it might be tough as a gold (some of the flights only have 9 FC seats). Otherwise, it can be wide open. Really depends on when you're taking to the skies on this route.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I'm looking at Friday night LGA-IND, Sunday night IND-LGA, so I would guess these flights are heavier in terms of Medallions. This Sunday's IND-LGA night flight has only one open seat (based on seat map, which I know is not accurate) in FC, so perhaps even Silver would be sufficient?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by lawyertalk
I'm looking at Friday night LGA-IND, Sunday night IND-LGA, so I would guess these flights are heavier in terms of Medallions. This Sunday's IND-LGA night flight has only one open seat (based on seat map, which I know is not accurate) in FC, so perhaps even Silver would be sufficient?
Depends on what you want out of the elite program. As a GM, you'll get SkyPriority (Equivalent to Priority AAccess on AA). You'll get complimentary Economy Comfort, which will at least make not getting the UG tolerable (especially if you can get the first row on the RJ that operates this route - you get as much if not more legroom than FC). You'll get a 100% mileage bonus versus just 25% as a Silver (at least for the remainder of the year until the 2015 changes kick in). Two free checked-bags, if that matters, and priority bag tags. You'll also get "Have One on Us" coupons, both in your welcome packet and on your boarding pass if you don't get UGed, which are good for a complimentary adult beverage.

The jump from Silver (FO) to Gold is a pretty big jump. Not knocking FO, because the FO perks do make flying more tolerable. But as someone who was GM last year and back to FO this year, I'm really looking forward to making it back up to GM for next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.