Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New complimentary upgrade priority above DM UP3D "UPGR"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2014, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM

I was speaking with the Sky Club service desk this morning regarding the UG list from SEA to ANC today. The agent mentioned that the top position on the UG list had an upgrade code of "UPGR" which she had never seen before. Her description said it was DM,PLT, Gld, FO or STE+ desiring a complementary upgrade. The interesting thing is that it's positioned above DM and Full Y but below SWU (UP2A).

A part of me thinks this may be a DL 360 priority code. Anyone have any insight?

Last edited by langbr01; Jun 7, 2014 at 6:40 am
Old Jun 7, 2014, 5:12 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
R for Regional UPG?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 5:52 am
Original Poster

The Sky Club agent confirmed that this code stated "complementary upgrade" - she was able access the descriptions for each of the upgrade priorities on her screen. She also stated that regional/global upgrades post with the UP2A coding.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
Wonder if that's the magic irop bump? (Was the flight already F0?)
Old Jun 7, 2014, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Yes,

ExpertFlyer - DL2436: F0 P0 A0 G0 Y1 B1 M0 S0 H0 Q0 K0 L0 U0 T0 X0 V0 E0
Old Jun 7, 2014, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Update - In SEA SC and it appears that the upgrade priority code for all DM & PLT's has changed to "UPGR" (including my priority). I figured this out as my name disappeared from the upgrade list on the delta app - when I asked at the Sky Club they were again perplexed and said all DM/PLT changed to UPGR.

The flight is 100% full so no one will grab the UG but more or less trying to understand what this new mysterious priority code is.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Actually all medallions will be coded as that way...in except certain cases where pax are using SWUs and etc.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by zsmith2
Actually all medallions will be coded as that way...in except certain cases where pax are using SWUs and etc.
Ok...if all medallions are UPGR...is it now just "first come, first served"? How are they prioritized on the upgrade list. Will that be done behind the scenes?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by OHDL1
Ok...if all medallions are UPGR...is it now just "first come, first served"? How are they prioritized on the upgrade list. Will that be done behind the scenes?
Yes everything is done behind the scenes. The change was to simplify coding.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 1:40 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
So, for SWUs and other "certain cases" will there still be UP2A and UP2B nomenclature?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
Yes everything is done behind the scenes. The change was to simplify coding.
Today IAD/ATL, I was no. 2 on upgrade list with 3 open and watched on my Android as upgrades disappeared just after boarding first. I asked the gate agent and she said the new system had put me at the bottom of the FO list! She pulled one of the FOs off and gave me the upgrade . She said the new system is totally screwed up.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Smyrnaflyer
Today IAD/ATL, I was no. 2 on upgrade list with 3 open and watched on my Android as upgrades disappeared just after boarding first. I asked the gate agent and she said the new system had put me at the bottom of the FO list! She pulled one of the FOs off and gave me the upgrade . She said the new system is totally screwed up.
Were you on an award ticket? Another post seems to indicate changes coming to upgrade priority for award tickets.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
While it made things more complicated, I liked different medallion levels having different upgrade codes since you could know clearly that you're ranked in the correct group at least. With everything being UPGR it means we're fully relying on the back-end IT to 'do the right thing' with the rankings according to elite level and fare class etc.

At least the UP2A/UP2B are staying as thats the only way we know a cert is coded properly.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by rylan
While it made things more complicated, I liked different medallion levels having different upgrade codes since you could know clearly that you're ranked in the correct group at least. With everything being UPGR it means we're fully relying on the back-end IT to 'do the right thing' with the rankings according to elite level and fare class etc.

At least the UP2A/UP2B are staying as thats the only way we know a cert is coded properly.
Where do y'all normally see these codes?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
I am wondering about this now. I am DM and cleared 5 days out for my flight on Thursday, but just cleared today (one day out) for my return trip. I'm on an RJ, that had seven of nine seats open the whole time (so two paid fares or miles upgrades or whatever), and then suddenly 6 (one seat still open) of us clear one day out? I suppose DL could have been holding out to sell those seats, but I also find it highly suspect. The likelihood that there are 5 other DMs is basically zero so I wonder that I didn't clear earlier (I'd have changed my seat, but as I cleared, it's not like I'm going to kvetch about seat location).

O/H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.