Search

What determins door L1 or L2 boarding?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2014, 11:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HDQDD
If you prefer an all coach arrangement, try WN.
Originally Posted by motytrah
It's not a matter of looking down on the folks in steerage. It's a matter of preferring not to get your shoulder smacked while Y is loading in.

Though you are far more likely to have successful pre departure service when boarding L2 because the logistics are easier.
+1
Old May 11, 2014, 11:52 pm

Programs: DL DM and 1.5 MM, UA GM, HH DM
Originally Posted by HDQDD
If you prefer an all coach arrangement, try WN.
Yea, except my comment was meant as sarcasim...
Old May 11, 2014, 11:57 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by motytrah
It's not a matter of looking down on the folks in steerage. It's a matter of preferring not to get your shoulder smacked while Y is loading in.

Though you are far more likely to have successful pre departure service when boarding L2 because the logistics are easier.
^^^^^ When we boarded that 75X through L1, it was definitely strange. The 75X has a lot of F seats, so there's not a whole lot of room in there to begin with; 26 people trying to get settled in in F, plus 160 more trying to get through to Y, with all sorts of bags and miscellany. Plus, the fact that it was the weekend after Thanksgiving, and 6:00AM, so it was freeeeezing outside. It's not the PDB I'm so concerned about, it's the logistics and efficiency.
Old May 12, 2014, 3:46 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Excuse me, but what does left versus right aisle have to do with a BE aircraft? If the aircraft type changes, seats will be reassigned and IMO the DL fallback algorithm seems to be that window keeps window, aisle keeps aisle, etc. rather than getting a seat of the same number and letter necessarily with nonexistent number and letter combinations being kicked back to coach instead of using status, etc. to decide who to downgrade if necessary.
The BE 767 is 4 across. A standard domestic, which I'm on, FC 767 is 6 across. I don't know how the re-seating works if there's a sub - if it the computer re-assigning seats "You're in 1A so here's 1A" or what. Looking at the seat-maps, it looks like many of the BE 767s have more BE seats than the domestic 767 has FC seats, which means a sub to one of those wouldn't matter. All I really care about is keeping a PREM cabin seat should a sub happen, but there are a few configurations with fewer BE seats than the number of FC seats in the domestic 767. Wasn't sure if selecting a seat that's common to all aircraft types gave me a better chance at keeping that in the even of an equipment sub, so I selected a seat common to all types.
Old May 13, 2014, 11:19 am

[QUOTE=motytrah;22848358]It's not a matter of looking down on the folks in steerage. It's a matter of preferring not to get your shoulder smacked while Y is loading in.

Sterrage really? I hope your beeing sarcastic? You never know who could be sitting in coach, just because in there coach doesnt mean they cant be wealthy. I treat all passangers with the same respect whether in coach or first class.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: DLP;MRP
L2 Door arriving in AUA

In the past few years DL has changed their aircraft from 757 to 737 and back again from ATL to AUA. On a few occasions, on the 57 - we used the L2 to deplane - but not always. Has anyone been to AUA lately on the DL 57 ? Are they using the L2 to deplane?
Old Sep 24, 2016, 5:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I really enjoy boarding through door 2L when I have an F upgrade.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 4:40 am

Programs: Show me the points!
Random, I flew Singapore Suites a month ago and the suites class (12 seats total) had it's own jet bridge/gate. Pretty hilarious. The 380 had 3 in total, one for each class. I bet the Y bridge got crowded.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
Ha, totally agree this is a first world problem!

The problem with the 767 is that even though there's 2 aisles, 80% of the passengers go down the first aisle and figure out their seats when they finally make it back to their row. So lots of shoulder checks with the bags and hips/butts for passengers in the B/C seats.
IME, the FA's are usually very good about standing at the forward galley directing pax to aisle 1 or 2 based on seat letter.

But still it is announcing in F to have to deal with all the Y passengers boarding and passing by. Bumping into you and generally not being very considerate to your space on the aircraft.

And yes 767's are much better than 75's but it's still annoying.

Also why is the desire to enjoy a first class or D1 experience considered a first class experience considered a "bad" thing???

I paid for the seat or upgraded using miles or instrument and I deserve the full benefit and experience of that flight. And that does not include 100 Y pax bumping into me interrupting PDB service. Thank you.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:22 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by mridley2
I paid for the seat or upgraded using miles or instrument and I deserve the full benefit and experience of that flight. And that does not include 100 Y pax bumping into me interrupting PDB service. Thank you.
Well I'm happy to hear we've run out of actual atrocities in the world to wring our hands about and only have stuff like this left.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.